One of the many Japanese outfits attending this year’s Tokyo Game Show Tecmo KOEI has a slew of titles in the pipeline, including:
- Atelier Ayesha (PS3)
- Atelier Totori Plus (Vita)
- Ciel No Surge (Vita)
- Dead or Alive 5 (PS3/360)
- Dynasty Warriors Online (PS3/Windows)
- Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 (PS3/360)
- Nobunaga’s Ambition Online (PS3/PS2/Windows)
- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Tendou (Vita)
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII (PS3)
- Samurai Warriors: Chronicle 2nd (3DS)
- Shin Sangoku Musou 6 Empires (PS3)
- Uncharted Water Online 2nd Age (PS3/Windows)
Minus one or two exceptions, it’s a conservative bid for the publisher as it continues to expand its Warriors super-franchise across numerous fronts. Nobunaga’s Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms are also due for a new instalment on PlayStation platforms. Unlike rivals, Square Enix, Tecmo KOEI is dedicating itself to the home and handheld consoles instead of going overkill on its mobile/social sector.
What appears most interesting is the inclusion of Uncharted Water Online 2nd Age and Dynasty Warriors Online. Both MMORPGs have been in circulation since 2009 but DWO has yet to transition to PlayStation 3, as the original announcement indicated. The PC version is already available overseas and, given the series’ worldwide popularity, a PS3 port could also make its way to the Western market brining with it some much needed innovation for the series.