Naughty Dog’s extra shiny version of the PlayStation 3 classic The Last of Us has taken the top spot in the UK charts on just one format, PlayStation 4, beating the multi-format Watch Dogs down to second place. Sales were no doubt bolstered by my slightly drunken purchase of the game at 1am at Tesco’s on Sunday which I am now playing at this very moment, rather good isn’t it?
The remastered title is the fifth largest release of 2014 to date and also the fourth largest launch on the PlayStation 4, just behind InFamous: Second Son. The rest of the charts are the usual Call of Duty / Lego / Minecraft mix with the Lego Movie game benefiting from the school summer holidays, noticeably absent is Titanfall which has slipped out of the top ten.
Here’s the UK Top Ten for the week ending August 2nd:
1. The Last of Us: Remastered (Sony)
2. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
3. FIFA 14 (EA)
4. The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner)
5. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
6. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Sony)
7. Sniper Elite 3 (505 Games)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
9. Battlefield 4 (EA)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
Source: GFK-Chart Track