The Last of Us has relinquished the top spot to yet another game tarted up for next gen, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition.
PlayStation 4 units made up 47% of sales, compared to 32% on Xbox One, with the last gen editions mopping up the rest of the sales. Both FIFA 14 and Titanfall have dropped out of the top ten, whilst Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a boost from the PlayStation versions hitting the shelves.
However the biggest news is – brace yourselves – Aliens: Colonial Marines is not longer in the top 40!
This is the top ten for the week ending August 23rd:
- Diablo III Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition (Activision Blizzard)
- The Last of Us Remastered (Sony)
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
- Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Sony)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
- Tales of Xillia 2 (Bandai Namco)