Let’s be honest, if Destiny hadn’t made the top spot on this week’s UK charts, that would have been the story of the year. Good news for Activision then, as it handily knocks The Sims 4 off its perch and down into second place (which is still very respectable for a PC game).
The more interesting tale is of how Destiny’s sales have been split across the platforms. The PlayStation 4 was predictably in the lead, but with a 46% share it’s not actually all that far ahead of the Xbox One on 36%. Perhaps Microsoft didn’t need to get so cheeky with its sneaky pseudo-advertising for the game, since the Xbox 360’s 14% share helped them to exactly 50% of the sales. The PS3 was only able to muster a meagre 4%, but considering the online upgrade paths available on both last gen consoles and how digital sales aren’t included in the charts, this isn’t the whole picture. It’s going to be very interesting to see how the pie is sliced when taking global sales and digital sales into account.
Elsehwere, NHL 15 made an entry into the charts in 7th pace, while Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution took 10th for Bandai Namco. The only other new entry was the retail release of inFamous: First Light in 17th, though this game will have had a much greater share of digital sales, where it landed on PSN a few weeks ago.
The top 20 for the last week is as follows:
- Destiny – Activision
- The Sims 4 – EA Games
- Watch Dogs – Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – Activision
- The Last of Us: Remastered – Sony Computer Ent.
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition – Microsoft
- NHL 15 – EA Sports
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare – EA Games
- Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition – Sony Computer Ent.
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution – Bandai Namco Games
- Grand Theft Auto V – Rockstar
- The Lego Movie Videogame – Warner Bros. Interactive
- Diablo III Reaper Of Souls Ultimate Evil – Blizzard
- Metro Redux – Deep Silver
- Titanfall – EA Games
- Tomodachi Life – Nintendo
- inFamous: First Light – Sony Computer Ent.
- Madden NFL 15 – EA Sports
- Terraria – Xbox 360 Classics
- Sniper Elite 3 – 505 Games