Harmonix Delay Amplitude, Hint At New Rock Band Game

Let's rock

First the bad news, forthcoming musical racer Amplitude has been delayed from March to a vague “summer” release on PlayStation 4.

“This is our first time working on PlayStation 4, and it’s been a big learning experience for the team,” explained Harmonix in a Kickstarter post. “We’ve put a lot of work into our proprietary engine to support some of the new, awesome content we’re bringing to the reboot. These factors combined have bumped production out a few additional months.”

The good news is that the team seem to be hinting rather heavily that a new Rock Band game is in production and have tweeted a survey asking fans what they would like to see in the new game. They also retweeted a tweet from IGN, “Wait.. Is RockBand returning?!”

“From time to time, it’s important for us to reach out directly to our audience to see what they’re most interested in and excited about,”  a Harmonix representative told GameSpot. “We’re always thinking about it, as well as actively supporting the community. What the plans for the future are remain to be seen, but feedback from our fans is always valuable; we appreciate folks taking time out to let us know what they’re thinking.”

Source: Kickstarter / Twitter / Gamespot

Read more: # #
  1. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

I’d quite happily buy another RockBand or Guitar Hero if they binned off all this new modern rock rubbish and filled the game with some classic 70s & 80s rock! Hell, even a few late 60s or a few 90s too along as there is NO Nirvana – If they’re gonna go down that route, give us some Alice in Chains.

Comment posted on 19/01/2015 at 12:08.
    • beeje13
      Since: Jan 2010

Could be worse, Rock Band: One Direction. Or something of that ilk.

Actually, I would not be surprised if that became a thing. Would probably sell well.

Comment posted on 19/01/2015 at 12:17.
      • Forrest_01

One Direction are neither Rock, nor a Band. Just saying. ;)

‘RockBand McBusted’ may be a possibility though…

Comment posted on 19/01/2015 at 13:28.
      • beeje13
        Since: Jan 2010

Since when would that stop people lol?

Comment posted on 20/01/2015 at 09:27.
  2. rept0n

I like the type of questions that they are asking, if they deliver on what I’d expect to be the community response, then Rockband will be alive for another generation :)

Comment posted on 19/01/2015 at 12:17.
  3. rSp8

Perhaps I shouldn’t throw out my original “band in a box” that the the missus made me put in the shed just before Christmas just yet…. I made several attempts to sell it all last year but couldn’t even shift it for a fiver at a car boot sale. I would certainly dig it out for PS4 version of Rock Band that was compatible with the old instruments.

Comment posted on 19/01/2015 at 13:06.
  4. stigdu
    Since: Apr 2010

I still play Rock Band 3; it’s my favourite game on PS3. I’d buy pretty much anything Harmonix released that’s Rock Band-related, even One Direction. At least the tunes are fairly catchy, and you can be guaranteed some keyboard parts, which is always good.

If they do confirm an RB4, I’d be willing to put a wager on that one of the first questions someone asks is “Will there be any Muse?”

Comment posted on 19/01/2015 at 16:26.
  5. Sitorimon
    Since: Jul 2011

I love me some music games so will be grabbing both Amplitude and any new rock band. Rocksmith is still on my to get list but I didnt really want to learn a guitar for real

Comment posted on 19/01/2015 at 21:35.
    • freezebug2

I must get around to purchasing the latest Rocksmith for PS4, runour says it’s a bit good! ;)

Comment posted on 20/01/2015 at 08:46.
  6. freezebug2

*rumour

Comment posted on 20/01/2015 at 08:47.