Spy Game Coming To The Apple Watch

This message won't self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Bossa Studios have announced that they will be releasing Spy_Watch, a new game which is the first to be designed specifically for the new hardware and will be available at launch.

The story based game will place you as the head of a spy agency that has fallen on hard times. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to train a spy and send them on operations with the aim of returning your agency back to its former glory. Gameplay will be text based and centre around real time notifications between you and your agent using the Apple Watch interface. When you complete a mission, you will earn money which can then be used to improve the abilities of your spy.

“We are now all used to communicating via short text based messages and we felt this would be a really interesting and accessible way to tell an interactive story.” explained Bossa co-founder, Imre Jele. “Thanks to the Apple Watch we are now able to bring the thrill of espionage to your wrist, just like one of James Bond’s infamous gadgets.”

Source: Press Release

1. TSBonyman

I hope there’s a mechanic whereby players get a higher score by shaking their wrist. It’d certainly liven up the daily commute.

Comment posted on 20/04/2015 at 12:53.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

If you doing what I think you are doing with your wrist on the daily commute you should be locked up, you filthy beast.

Comment posted on 20/04/2015 at 14:46.
      • TSBonyman

Oh, it wasn’t for me – i don’t intend buying one. I was merely thinking about the entertainment value of seeing a train/bus load of i-commuters all going for the high score. :)

Comment posted on 20/04/2015 at 18:18.
  2. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Games on an Apple Watch? You will no longer be able to tell the time come 3pm, once the battery dies on you.

Comment posted on 20/04/2015 at 13:48.
    • 3shirts

Even on my Pebble (which can go a week without charge) playing games rinses the battery. This sounds like a gimmick but striking while the iron is hot.

Comment posted on 20/04/2015 at 16:06.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

Indeed, purchases will be keen to try their new device out, including any games. I don’t play many games on my iPhone, but I think I would play even less on a watch.

Comment posted on 20/04/2015 at 16:55.