In what feels like a very long running saga, it appears that Evolution Studios may finally be getting ready to launch the much delayed PlayStation Plus version of the racer. According to their Facebook page, there will be a significant upgrade to the servers and a new update at 10am this morning (1st June).
“The servers that provide Challenges in DriveClub are being replaced and upgraded.” explain Evolution. “This will bring bigger, better challenges and improve server performance across the game as we continue to work to make the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub possible.”
Here is the full list of patch notes for Update 1.16:
- Challenges will be expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
- Challenge notifications will be integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
- The Challenge Menu will have a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
- Evolution Studios Challenges will be added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
- Invitation options will be optimised to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
- More of our favourite #PS4share pictures created by the community will be added to the Menus.
- Significant technical improvements will be made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.