The Binding Of Isaac: Afterbirth DLC now has a release date of October 30th, at least for Steam. A date for the console release of the DLC is yet to be finalised, though an announcement for that shouldn’t be too far off. Afterbirth adds a lot of content to game and will cost $9.99, though those who pre-order will get a discount. Afterbirth isn’t available for pre-order just yet however, but that should be resolved by next week.
The Binding Of Isaac: Afterbirth will contain:
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
- A new final area added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for high score / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- Ten totally new challenges.
- Over 1000 new rooms added.
- Lilith – New playable character who is the mother of demons.
- Over 525 new items including bombs, chests, pills, and cards.
- 25 new enemy types and eight new bosses.
- Four new alternate chapters.
- New room types including Trap Rooms, Double Treasure, and Ultra Rare closets.
- New transformations and updates item combo system.
The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth is a bit of a game to get your head around, but to give you a head start there is a guide you can consult written by Blair right here.