For this entry in our Year According To series of podcasts we’ve spread our net a little more broadly than we usually do. Rather than inviting a developer to talk about their year, we instead reached out to Jimmy Dance, who runs Loading Bar.
If you’ve never heard of Loading Bar, it’s a gaming themed bar in London, with locations in Dalston and Stratford. You may remember it from its original incarnation in Soho, and if you’re wondering why they moved away from that prime location then fear not, all is revealed in the podcast.
Beyond talking about the basic complexities of running a bar, Jimmy and I also discussed his thoughts on the gaming elements of the bars, from the consoles and games they have available to what role he thinks VR may play in the future. As well as that, we chatted about events that they run at the bar, his take on streaming culture, and presenting Hideo Kojima with a sculpture of shot glasses.
As for Jimmy’s gaming highlights, he took a different approach to selecting these, branching out from the more obvious answers. His choices were genuinely interesting, but you’ll have to listen in to find out what he picked.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- We’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
- We’ve launched ourselves on YouTube, with audio-only videos if that’s easier for you to access.
- Finally, the podcast now appears on Stitcher as well.
Get us on Twitter: