We’re almost at the end of this year’s run of Year According To podcasts now. We’ve got one more coming your way in a couple of days, but rounding out our collection of developer interviews this year is Mike Bithell, the man behind Thomas Was Alone and Volume.
Both of these games got a fair amount of time in our conversation, although that did lead to spoilers for the ending of Thomas Was Alone at about the 14 minute mark. Don’t worry, I warn you in the podcast too.
We also spent a little time talking about the future for Mike, from growing his business by hiring a COO to producing Volume: Coda for Playstation VR. I even got to make a pitch for Mike’s next game, which was a nice change of pace.
As with everyone else, I got Mike to pick out a few games from the year. I’m not sure I was expecting him to pick either of the games he did, but they’re both excellent choices. It’s also worth remembering that this series wasn’t recorded in order, which may make my surprise at his choices make more sense.
- Please send us questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tweet questions to @TSAPodcast.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- We’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
- We’ve launched ourselves on YouTube, with audio-only videos if that’s easier for you to access.
- Finally, the podcast now appears on Stitcher as well.
Get us on Twitter: