A hint of sadness flickered across my face late on Sunday evening, as I realised that I’ve missed out on trying to take on the first Elusive Target mission in Hitman last weekend. I’d put it off on Friday night, been out on Saturday and then totally forgot for most of Sunday. The first target got to visit Paris and live, as he did in 47% of all players’ games, but I’ll do my best to ensure that The Congressman doesn’t get to share the same fate.
Starting on Friday 27th May, The Congressman will be visiting Sapienza, the location of the second episode in the game – you will need the second episode in order to take part. As before, not much is known about the target, so you’ll have to scout him out for yourself, and make sure you’re not caught and killed in the process.
All Elusive Targets are played to the same rules:
- An Elusive Target is a once in a lifetime experience
- They are available for a limited time only in game
- Intel on the target will be limited
- They will not appear in instinct mode, or the mini map and their locations will not be revealed to you – you’ll have to go and find them
- Your target can only die once
- If you die during the mission, that’s it
- When the time runs out, they are gone for good
- If you fail, there are no second chances
Aside from having the limited window of opportunity to spur you on, complting five Elusive Targets will unlock the Hitman: Absolution suit, ten will unlock the Hitman: Blood Money suit, and there are more rewards further down the line.
Source: press release