Yesterday was an extra special Bungie Day, as the venerable studio marked its 25th anniversary and its 10th Bungie Day celebration. It’s a big number, but they kept things short and sweet with a 25 second video.
So, instead of looking too far into the past, they looked forward to the upcoming Rise of Iron expansion for Destiny. Just as last year, in the run up to The Taken King, Bungie have created Moments of Triumph, giving you eight tasks to complete before September 20th and the launch of Rise of Iron, in order to earn some fancy rewards.
- A Blade Reborn – Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx
- The Sword Logic – Defeat Oryx in the King’s Fall Raid on Hard difficulty
- The Play’s the Thing – Complete the Taken King main questline, culminating in “Regicide.”
- This is Amazing – Complete the Crucible questline culminating in “The Mountaintop.”
- Eris Morn’s Revenge – Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments
- Return to the Reef – Complete the April quests “At the Gates” and “Return to the Prison”
- Challenge of the Elders – Complete an Elder’s Sigil scorecard in the Prison of Elders.
- The Third Element – Equip a fully leveled Year Two subclass on any character.
For every two challenges completed – and these are retroactive, so you might well have already completed a few of them – you earn a new reward, starting with a Caelestis Shader before moving on to a Shield of the Traveler Emblem, Dawncaller Shader and Hear the Call Emblem. You can track your progress by heading to your profile page on Bungie.net.
Additionally, completing all challenges gets you the opportunity to buy a commemorative customisable T-shirt, with proceeds going to the Bungie Foundation. It will cost $24.99, with an optional $5 charge for customising it with your PSN or XBL ID, before shipping.