For those of you still playing The Crew then it’s good news as a brand new expansion, Call All Units, launches today. It includes new game modes, new vehicles, and as you might expect, a bunch of tweaks and bug fixes. Here are the full notes:
New story missions
In order to help players dive into the new police experience, The Crew Calling All Units will be introducing a new story mode, with a prologue (introduction missions) as well as additional story missions. The Crew Calling All Units prologue is accessible to everyone, after playing The Crew prologue. Police missions are accessible to The Crew Calling All Units owners after completing the prologue. An appropriate vehicle spec will be required to complete those missions – implying having the required player level for this spec. The police missions introduce a new character, Clara Washington, a police driver who needs to arrest a rising gang of Street Racers: the Harvesters.
Players have the possibility to drive different police vehicles, with different specs such as Raid, Monster trucks, Perf, and access different police gameplay features. The main gameplay for police players will be to chase Street Racers and arrest them, using their driving skills as well new special abilities. As a Street Racer, players need to pick-up and deliver crates found all over in The Crew world, while being pursued by Police AI and players.
The chase feature has 2 types of gameplay:
- Chase when the Street Racer picks up a crate – delivery gameplay
- Chase when the Street Racer destroys objects – escape gameplay
As cops, players while have access to the chase gameplay, which starts instantly when a Street Racer picks up a crate. The chases can start seamlessly, if close enough, or through a chase alert.
Different vehicles are available for the police, with different Specs for all kind of terrain. From Perf, Circuit and Street for asphalt, to Raid and Monster Truck for bumpy off-road chases.
As a cop, the main objective of the player is to arrest the Street racers during the chase. In order to do so, the police players need to have the target (Street Racer) in a 30 meter range for 7 seconds. If the Street Racer exits the range within 7 seconds, the arrest timer is reset.
Street Racer gameplay
As Street Racers, players have access to all the crates in the world. Their main objective is to pick-up crates and deliver them to a given destination on the map. Once they pick-up a crate, they will instantly be pursued by police AI as well as police players. If they successfully deliver the crate, they will have a chance to gain the content and rewards of the crate – car parts to unlock new vehicles as well as Bucks and experience. The Street Racers have access to all the vehicles from the game, to adapt their driving to the terrain on their way to the destination. As Street racers, players also have access to a set of abilities to help them escape from Police.
New gameplay abilities
While in a chase, the police players have access to specific abilities to use in order to arrest Street Racers:
- Speed Hack – This ability breaks the acceleration of any Street Racer in a range of 150 meters.
- EMP Field – The EMP Field can deactivate the brakes of any Street Racer in a range of 150 meters.
- Jammer – When used, this ability deactivates all UI items (BreadCrumb, Radar, crew widget, 3D tags etc …) of the target in range.
- EMP Shock – the EMP Shock makes every opponent in range lose control of their vehicle.
- Back on target – if the players are too far away from their target, they have the possibility to use the back on target ability to reduce the distance.
As Street racers, the players have access to the following abilities:
- Flashbang – this ability blinds the cop players and AI in range, and removes their UI elements for few seconds.
- Unlimitro – gives unlimited nitro to the caster and his support players in range.
- Guardian – This ability is a protective one, once launched, it will cleanse all the abilities sent by Cops for few seconds.
- EMP Shock – the EMP Shock applies a single shock to the target and makes the opponent’s car lose control and grip for a few seconds.
- Back on target for support players – if a support Street Racer (i.e, non-crate holder) is too far away from the crate holder, he has the possibility to use the back on target ability to reduce the distance.
The players have the possibility to choose 2 abilities from the menu before the chase, and also change them anytime during the chase gameplay.
With the new Calling All Units add-on the players will have access to new vehicles and specs:
- Nissan GT-R (FS / Perf / Police Perf)
- Jeep Wrangler (Full Stock / Street / Dirt / Raid / Police Dirt)
- Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupé (Police Street)
- Lamborghini Aventador (Police Perf)
- Ford F-150 (Police Raid)
- Lamborghini Gallardo (Police Circuit)
- Abarth 500 (Police Monster Truck)
- BMW S1000R (Police Perf)
- Koenigsegg Agera R (Police Perf)
- Hummer H1 (Police Raid)
- Pagani Huayra (Police Perf)
- Ferrari F12 Berlinetta (Full Stock / Perf)
- Kawasaki GPZ 900R Ninja 1984 (FS / Street / Perf / Circuit)
- Kawasaki KX450F (Full Stock / Street / Dirt / Raid)
- Indian Chief Dark Horse (Full Stock / Street / Perf)
- Ducati Hypermotard (Full Stock / Street / Dirt)
- KTM 1190 RC8 R (Full Stock / Perf) + RC8 R Track (Circuit)
- Mercedes AMG GT (Full Stock + Perf) + GT3 (Circuit)
- Maserati MC12 (Full Stock + Perf) + MC12 Corsa (Circuit)
The following cars have had their suspension and overall handling refined:
- Ford GT 2005 (Full Stock / Perf / Circuit)
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera (Full Stock / Perf / Circuit)
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (Full Stock / Perf)
- Ford Mustang GT 2011 (Full Stock / Street)
- 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Full Stock / Street)
- 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 392 (Full Stock / Street)
- 2013 Nissan 370Z R34 (Full Stock / Street)
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS (Perf)
- Handling update for ALL bikes: better turning rate and improved suspension settings.
- Manual clutch issue: the possibility to force the clutch in manual mode has been fixed.
- Dashboard issue: some car’s dashboards weren’t properly displayed depending on the time of the day, this has been fixed.
- The global behavior of traffic AI has been refined.
- AI police stickers: some AI police vehicles weren’t displaying the proper sticker of their associated region of the USA, this has been fixed.
- Disabled AI police vehicles: some AI police vehicles were still moving after being disabled, this has been fixed.
- Frame rate improvement when in a session of 8 players, especially in cities with high traffic density.
- “Experimental” Award: the award that requires to use all the features of the demo mode in the HQ has been fixed and can now be properly obtained.
- Players’ names properly displayed in video mode: while using the video mode, players’ names were sometimes inaccurately displayed.
- Vehicles’ sound properly exposed.
- Vehicles’ stats are now properly displayed in car dealers, car tuners and HQ.
- Cars’ interiors were not properly displayed during the short cinematic when leaving the Circuit tuner in Los Angeles.
- Audio issue: some players weren’t getting their audio options when logging back into the game. This has been fixed.