Update: The trailer for Darksiders 3 has been released, though it doesn’t show the gameplay, so you’ll have to refer to the original story below to see screenshots of that.
The Darksiders franchise is back thanks to a leak via Amazon and it has a new twist. Previous protagonists War and Death have been ditched and you will now play as the female, whip-wielding mage called Fury.
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
Amazon also have some images, however someof these appear to be concept art rather than screens.
Amazon are listing the game for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with a release date of next year. The game appears to be being developed by Gunfire Games, the team who remastered Darksiders II.