2K Games has released the first full details for WWE 2K18, including that MyCareer will have an open backstage area where players can interact with other WWE Superstars, which in turn will change the direction of the story in the mode. There’s also the introduction of the Road To Glory mode where you use your MyPlayer character to fight others with a chance to take part in pay per view events. Players will also be able to create their own matches in the Creation Suite.
The full is of features is below.
- Creation Suite: The Creation Suite gets even deeper, including a new Create-a-Match feature and improvements to Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Arena and Create-a-Video
- MyPLAYER: A new MyPLAYER experience introduces fighting styles and a brand new upgrade and progression system;
- MyCAREER: A brand new MyCAREER experience incorporates a new story and a free-roaming backstage area that enable MyPLAYER characters to interact with other WWE Superstars and help direct the narrative;
- Road to Glory Mode Debut: An all-new mode lets players compete against others, using their MyPLAYER characters, in a quest to qualify for WWE pay-per-view events;
- New Graphics Engine: New visuals deliver spectacular new lighting, more realistic skin and new camera effects;
- New Commentary Team: Introducing the trio of Michael Cole, Byron Saxton and Corey Graves;
- Core Gameplay Additions and Improvements: A host of additional improvements will make WWE 2K18 the most comprehensive and realistic WWE game to date.
Source: Press Release