Today sees the launch of 7 Days To Die’s second Summer update, also known as Patch 11 or as 1.16 on PS4 and 184.108.40.206 on Xbox One. This patch brings with it some new features with one of the big additions being traders. The traders deal in all sorts of items, including things that cannot be found out in the world. Additionally an extra 2 square kilometres of map has been added, bring with it a desert canyon and mountains.
The team has also added 15 bew locations that can appear in randomly generated maps, with these including an oil refinery, and a hidden bomb shelter which could be ideal for using in the zombie scenario of the game world.
As always you can find the full list of changes and patch notes below.
7 Days To Die Patch 11 Notes
For those of you who follow development of the PC version of 7 Days to Die, the features below will probably look pretty familiar! ALL of these features will require you start a new game to experience them.
New Navezgane Map and Locations
Navezgane has been upgraded with a variety of changes, including:
· Almost 2 square kilometers of new explorable space
· New highly embellished height map with huge mountains in every biome
· New giant desert canyon
· New prefabs
· New locations using old prefabs
New Random World Generation Locations
Newly generated random games can contain over 15 new locations! These include:
· A hidden bomb shelter
· An oil refinery
· A funeral Home
· A prison
· The Red Mesa Government Installation
· Buzz’s Bar
· …and many more!
Traders have moved into zombie country and set up shop! They carry a variety of products, some of which you cannot get anywhere else in the game. They live in indestructible compounds that are open during daylight hours (6:05 – 21:50) and closed after dark. Players loitering inside the compound after close of business will be kicked out (aka automatically teleported outside of the compound).
Traders also provide rentable vending machines where players can sell their own goods to other players and even other unseen NPC survivors (see below for details). There are five different traders in the new Navezgane map and there will be at least one trader in every random gen world.
Vending Machines are new blocks in Patch 11. Vending Machines come in three flavors: beverage vending machines, rentable trader-protected vending machines found at Trader Settlements, and player-owned vending machines. Traders usually have beverage vending machines and several rentable vending machines in their compounds.
Beverage vending machines can be found at various locations and POIs. You can buy items from them using Dukes Casino Tokens but cannot sell items. The choice of items is limited to food and drink.
Rentable Vending machines can be rented for a fee (2500 Duke Tokens). The rent lasts 30 days. During this time, the Player can add items from his or her inventory to the vending machine. Prices can be increased above Standard Price or reduced (down to 20% of Standard Price). Other players in a game can purchase items from rented vending machines and, sometimes, sometimes items will be “bought” by NPCs (NPCs in this regard exist only as buyers; they can’t be seen or interacted with). Note that upon expiration of rent, all items still in the machine are lost!
Player-owned vending machines can be purchased from Traders after taking one point in the Secret Stash perk. These exist permanently in the spot a player places them in or until they are destroyed. Items placed in these vending machines are lost when the vending machine is destroyed.
Mining and Ore Updates
Worlds in all new games will contain random underground mineral veins where you can find all the old ores plus new rare mineral deposits (diamonds, gold, and silver). Players can hunt these veins out using new gravel patches on the surface that will indicate that there is ore below. New mineral types can be sold at the Trader Stations.will contain random underground mineral veins where you can find all the old ores plus new rare mineral deposits (diamonds, gold, and silver). Players can hunt these veins out using new gravel patches on the surface that will indicate that there is ore below. New mineral types can be sold at the Trader Stations.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
· Fixed an issue that would cause ammo to disappear if it were assembled by a player with no free slot in their inventory
· Fixed an issue that would cause the hoe to appear broken in the UI after it had been fixed
· Fixed an issue that caused the flashlight to turn off when the player would perform another action
· Fixed an issue that made it possible for a player to have more than one infection at the same time
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause in-game time to freeze when starting up an online multiplayer game after resuming from a suspended state
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause in-game time to pass while the player was in Rest Mode
· Fixed an issue that allowed there to be a small chance a player would spawn into the Wasteland in a randomly generated map
· Fixed an issue that allowed zombies to set the player and each other on fire underwater
· Fixed an issue that allowed items dropped on the ground after the Lootable Gore Block was destroyed to be picked up from a long distance
· Fixed an issue that caused a player’s wellness to fluctuate upon getting snowberry poisoning
· Fixed an issue that caused characters to seem as though they had close on when they didn’t
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause players to become stuck in blocks
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause bedrolls to be destroyed after placement on an Iron Desk
· Fixed an issue that caused the wooden spike to be missing several rotations
· Fixed an issue that caused artificial lights to dim for the client as the host moved further away from them in a local multiplayer game
· Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash when a client in an online multiplayer game would log in after quitting the previous session as they were dying
· Fixed an issue that caused an unresponsive state in a local multiplayer game if both controllers were disconnected while the game was suspended
· Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash after the player would drop 3 or more candles
· Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when a player would try to equip and assemble or scrap an item simultaneously
For the patch to take effect new games will have to be started.
Source: 7 Days To Die Forum