Bungie has announced that Destiny 2’s next update, 1.1.4, will be targeting those who quit and those who cheat. The quitter penalty will apply to all matches in the competitive playlist, where those who regularly leave will have restrictions of 30 minutes. The system won’t be detecting why you left so, for example, if your internet keeps dropping that’ll count the same as leaving a match on purpose. Bungie have also stated that update 1.1.4 will allow the development team to detect and ban cheaters much faster than before.
Update 1.1.4 will be rolling out on the 27th of March, and you can see a sample of the notes below.
- When playing strike or Crucible activities, “repeat reduction” will be introduced to prevent players from having to play the same strike or crucible map many times in succession
- Exotic repetition reduction will prevent players from receiving the same Exotic reward multiple times in a row from Exotic engrams
- Players can still receive repeated Exotic rewards from Milestones and other sources
- Increased the max power handicap from 40 to 45 on the Nightfall Challenge Card
- The timer to activate patrols has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second
- Fixed an issue where players could be prevented from reaching the boss encounter of “A Garden World”
- Fixed an issue where some Emblems were not displaying what statistic they track
- Fixed an issue where applying or previewing a shader on an item would return players to the top page of the shader inventory.