Free-to-play game Armored Warfare is overhauling it’s development cycle and ditching the current update system. It will be replaced by Seasons, “focused and story-driven content expansions which will span multiple months.”
Each Season will consist of multiple chapters with a story arc following Magnus, the former mercenary of a military corporation who is out for revenge. The new maps have been based on real world locations and there will also be new vehicles and cosmetic frippery such as decals and avatars. The first season, Black Sea Incursion, will launch on PC this Spring with the PS4 version following later in the year.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Campaign Missions – A series of two separate campaign missions – one for the PvP modes and one for the PvE mode. Tank commanders will be able to participate in a large number of missions of various difficulty levels to earn epic rewards, including special vehicle skins.
- Brand- new Interface with World Map – A redesign of the default Garage view to match that of a world-spanning conflict of 2042. As a mercenary commander, players will be able to choose their missions on a large map while participating in faction warfare, campaign missions and much more.
- Battalion Competitive Mode – Assemble a battalion and pit crews against ruthless enemies. Glory and prizes await the winners with the first version of a Battalion competitive mode coming this season.
- Israeli Main Battle Tank Progression Line – From the Super Sherman tanks to the latest Merkavas, this line covers all the essential Israeli models from the 1950s to the near future. Commanders are taken on a a trip through the Israeli armor history and experience each of the legendary machines first hand.
- Armor Inspector – Ever wanted to see how exactly does each tank’s armor functions? The Armor Inspector feature will allow to do just that with each tank laid bare. Learn each vehicles armor composition, layout and, most importantly, weak spots.
Armored Warfare is out now on PC and PlayStation 4, and does not require PS+ to play online.
Source: Press release / YouTube