Bungie have fleshed out their development road map for Destiny 2 which includes a new seasonal event called Solstice of Heroes during which Guardians will celebrate their accomplishments. The most interesting addition to the game lands in a few days as May 29th will see the launch of Crucible Labs.
“Crucible Labs will give every player of Destiny 2 access to experimental PvP content,” say Bungie “We’ll then have a chance to solicit your feedback to guide our final iterations.”
Whilst we’re not expecting a Battle Royale mode the labs could provide some fun new game modes, I’ve always found it very odd that every single planet and moon in the game has the same gravity, so maybe changing that would be a fun idea.
In other Destiny 2 news, a hot fix was released the other day which included a fix for PS4 Pro players.
Destiny 2 Update 18.104.22.168 Patch Notes
- Emblems introduced in Season 3 are now visible within the Emblem Collection for all players
- Fixed an issue where some players could not equip the Shadow Dance emote
- Fixed an issue where the Gunsmith was not selling Legendary Modifications to players who did not own Expansion 2
- Fixed an issue where the Heroic Strike Playlist would sometimes launch players into Vanguard Strikes
- Players can no longer summon Sparrows on Meltdown
- Fixed an issue where Iron Banner ornaments were receiving progress from alternate Crucible playlists
- The Contender’s Shell perk “Seeker of Brilliance” now properly grants Season 3 Prototype Engrams (Was incorrectly granting Season 2 Illuminated engrams)
- Fixed an issue where Rat King was incorrectly granting ammo to alternate weapons
Destiny Companion API
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to interact with their Characters or Inventory on Bungie.net, the Destiny Companion App, or 3rd party apps
- Fixed an issue causing frame rate issues on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro