The positive buzz that H1Z1: Battle Royale had during the summer does seem to have died down to more of a murmur with the busy rush of game releases over the last couple of months, but Daybreak will be hoping to spur on some more engagement and bring players back to the game with Season 2 of the H1Z1 Battle Pass on PS4.
As before, it’s set across a number of tiers – now at 75 instead of 30 – and with free, premium and PlayStation Plus lines running concurrently. It will cost 750 crowns in-game to unlock the premium Battle Pass, or this can be bought in a bundle on the PS Store with a Skull Ops outfit, or with a discount to unlock the first 25 tiers, if you’re really desperate to get ahead of the game.
This comes alongside a rather small patch which does the following:
- All player leaderboard stats will be reset at the beginning of Season 2.
- Fixed an issue where some players would appear to see their leaderboard stats reset incorrectly.
- Our team is continuing to investigate additional edge cases where leaderboard stats may appear incorrectly. If you catch this bug in action, please let us know more details on the Bug Reporting section of our official forums.
- 10 new Daily Challenges have been added to the rotation.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat Shotgun’s item rarity was incorrectly displaying as Green rather than Purple.
- Fixed an issue with emote animations.
So, are you still playing H1Z1? And if not, is a fresh Battle Pass enough to tempt you back to this particular Battle Royale game?