Daybreak Games has released a huge new update for H1Z1: Battle Royale on PS4 and this update is the start of season 5. The main addition is the new map Outland which is smaller than the original map clocking in at 4km x 4km, with the aim to get players right into the action as fast as possible. The map has also been created with battle royale in mind so the players will almost always be able to get a shot lined up or find decent cover to escape incoming fire. Outland will now also be the primary map in Season 5 for H1Z1 Battle Royale.
While Outland map is the biggest addition to H1Z1 Battle Royale it isn’t the only one. Four new vehicles have been added and they are the Untamed muscle car that’s good for off-road and seats five players, the Torque which is a quieter version of the Untamed, the Gazelle ATV which seats two players, and the Racer which a five-seater luxury sports car. Two new weapons are also being added and they are Commando automatic assault rifle which has a high rate of fire, and the Heavy Assault which is a good mid range weapon that can be a bit tough to handle.
There have been gameplay changes and bug fixes too which you can check below.
H1Z1 Battle Royale Outland update notes
- Solos, Duos, and Fives match countdowns have been reduced to 60 seconds.
- Crate or loot bag dropped items are now de-spawning after 120 seconds instead of 300 seconds (performance improvement)
- The chances of finding a combat shotgun in a purple airdrop has been reduced.
- The effective range of the EMP Grenade has been increased by 50%.
- Crossbow explosive damage against players has been reduced by 25%.
- The featured crates section now includes Tactical Outfits, Weapons, and Rides.
- 3 new female and 1 new male character models have been introduced in character customization.
- New weekly, daily, and tutorial challenges have been added to the game.
- Marketplace UI has been revamped, including the addition of the new Outfit Set tab.
- Players now take more damage after jumping out of vehicles moving over half speed.
- Player fall damage has been removed from the game.
- Weapon rarity/power rating appears correctly on weapons in combat training.
- Fixed reload animations while the player is crouching.
- Online ID displays correctly on the FFA match result screen.
H1Z1 will be going down at the following times to add the map to the game.
NA: 8 AM PDT / 11 AM EDT
EU: 3 PM PDT / 11 PM BST