In a move designed just to cause outrage on the internet it has been reported that Square Enix’s ethics department have told the developers of the Final Fantasy VII Remake to tone down Tifa’s improbable boobs so they would “not get unnatural during all the intense action.”
Gematsu have translated this week’s edition of Famitsu which has more details on the remake, including the boob news.
We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.
We believe this is the first recorded case of Improbable Boobs being remodelled in to Ethical Boobs.
To further enrage the internet, alongside the ethical breast reduction it has been confirmed the remake will retain the cross-dressing section of the game, so all those big butch men who play will still have to parade about in a sexy bra.
The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…
Here are the rest of the new details:
- The watchmen of fate (the black mist in the trailer) are mysterious beings that appear before the party wherever they go. I hope that even those who have played the original game will enjoy the new elements.
- There are quite a bit of dialogue options. We are making it so the dialogue changes depending on your response, so the sheer volume of dialogue has increased.
- The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…
- Aerith and Tifa are double heroines. One has a western-style look and the other an eastern-style look.
- With an emphasis on immersion and exhilaration, you can fight without stress through the use of shortcuts. When you open the command menu, time slows and you can fight like a command battle.
- Each playable character has different enemy affinities.
- An item is required for MP recovery.
- For the sake of level design, we’re preparing a few new enemies where necessary.
Final Fantasy VII Remake will launch on March 3rd 2020 for Playstation 4, read our E3 hands on preview here.