Yesterday saw the launch of one of the biggest updates for Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky with Beyond which brought with it virtual reality support, an expanded multiplayer size, more aliens wandering about the environment, more words to discover, and the ability to sit on chairs. While the large update is being received positively like any major change some bugs have snuck aboard to make the trip to the virtual universe. Hello Games is aware of these issues and is deploying update 2.04 as an answer to bring those bugs to heel, and remove them.
The patch is currently out on PC and should make the jump to console soon. The patch notes are as follows:
- Fix for crashes occurring in Nexus.
- Fixed a rendering related crash.
- Fixed an out of memory crash.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when manipulating inventory in close proximity to a high number of players.
- Fixed a crash affecting VR with supersampling enabled.
- Fixed a situation where network connectivity issues could prevent players from speaking to NPCs aboard the Space Anomaly.
- Fixed an issue where storage containers could not be accessed.
- Fixed a crash affecting unsupported VR hardware.