Guardians should set their alarms for 6pm tomorrow, Saturday 5th October, as that is when the new Garden of Salvation Raid will launch in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep. Bungie will be hosting a live stream of the race to be first to beat the Raid and you can watch that here.
Shadowkeep had a slightly rocky start with server issues but everything seemed to be working last night, I spent a good few hours in the game without a hitch.
Teflon has written some words about the new expansion, you can read the full article here but in summary he said “Destiny 2: Shadowkeep flies players back to the Moon, letting us play among the stars once more. It’s a huge nostalgia trip for fans of the original game, but it also feels like another fresh starting point, both for the game and for Bungie as they enter a new era as an independent company.”
If you fancy giving Destiny 2 a try there is now a free-to-play version which gives you a huge amount of content. Obviously you don’t get Shadowkeep and the new Raid in the video above but there is still plenty to get your teeth in to.
- All of the Year 1 Exotic armor and weapons
- Thunderlord, Arbalest, Outbreak Perfected, and Bad Juju Year 2 Exotics
- Access to all destinations
- The Red War campaign
- The Curse of Osiris campaign
- The Warmind campaign
- All Year 1 Nightfall Strikes
- Strike playlists
- Vanguard weapons and gear
- Access to all Crucible playlists
- Crucible weapons and gear
- Black Armory forges
- Gambit Prime
- The Menagerie
- Private matches in both Crucible and Gambit
- Year 1 Raids
- Year 1 Raid weapons and gear
- Free Seasonal ranks and rewards
- Levelling up to max power
- In Game Events: Iron Banner, Festival of the Lost, The Dawning, Crimson Days, The Revelry, Solstice of Heroes.