With Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker just a couple of weeks away, EA is looking to push Star Wars Battlefront II in time for the film’s release.
According to a recent leak, the publisher is due announce their new “Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition” which will be available to purchase later this week.
The leak comes via True Achievements which shows an updated version of the game’s box art. Wedged between your bog standard Clone Trooper and Stormtrooper is a new First Order helmet coloured in red. This appears to be new tie in content DICE has planned for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
Going back to the Celebration Edition, it will launch on December 5th. Here’s a rundown of what it includes:
- Base Game (Including all past and future free game updates as they release)
- More than 25 Hero Appearances ○ Including six Legendary Appearances, plus one Appearance each for Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, coming December 20
- More than 125 Trooper and Reinforcement Appearances
- More than 100 Hero and Trooper Emotes and Voice Lines
- More than 70 Hero and Trooper Victory Poses
The price for this beefed up package has yet to be confirmed though we’d guess it hovers around the £24.99 mark.
Now’s a great time to play Star Wars Battlefront II, whether diving back in or picking it up for the first time. The game has continued to expand with new maps, modes, and heroes, DICE preparing to announce its Rise of Skywalker content later today. There’s also a triple XP even, too.
Star Wars Battlefront II originally launched back 2017. While many praised the game’s campaign and overhauled multiplayer (we scored it an 8/10), the presence of egregious loot boxes caused one of the year’s biggest gaming controversies. Players could spend money on crates, each one stuffed with several equippable cards. These cards offered bonuses to base stats from weapons damage and health bonuses, to reduced ability cooldown times.
Source: True Achievements