Sony rolled out a new firmware update for PlayStation 4 consoles this morning and it is packed full of exciting new features that players have been requesting for years.
Got you! It does bugger all, here are the notes.
- This system software update improves system performance
The last update was a big one when we went to 7.00, if you missed the patch notes for that you can find them by expanding the section below
PlayStation 7.00 System Update Patch Notes
Main features in the PlayStation 4 system software update 7.00
The following changes have been made to Party
- The maximum number of people who can join a party has been increased from 8 to 16.
- Chat transcription has been added, and accessibility has been improved. While in a party, use(PS4 Second Screen)*1 on your smartphone or other mobile device to convert party voice chat to text, or to enter text to have it read aloud to other party members.This feature works only in English and is available only on PS4 systems sold in certain regions.
- Network connectivity has been improved.
- Audio quality of voice chat has been improved.
- Remote Play can now be used on more devices. Besides Xperia™ devices, Remote Play can now be used on other smartphones and tablets running Android™ 5.0 or higher2. Download(PS4 Remote Play) from Google Play™ to use this feature. Additionally, for mobile devices running Android 10, you can now connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth® for Remote Play2*3.
- When using Remote Play on an iPhone or iPad, you can now do the following things. Select(Settings) on the Remote Play screen to switch to these settings.
- iPhone or iPad: The controller can now be displayed at all times.
- iPhone: You can now lock the screen orientation.
- You can now use a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac*.Update to the following OS to use this feature.
- iOS 13
- iPadOS 13
- macOS Catalina
- Some features, such as the touchpad and the vibration function, may not be available on the iPhone and iPad.