After a bit of faffing around, including taking down servers and releasing an update way to early, Bohemia Interative are back on track and have released the 1.06 Patch 3 notes for DayZ on consoles.
The 315mb update is out for Xbox players and should be available for PlayStation players in the very near future. Are you ready to discover what the patch contains?
1.06 Patch 3 (14.01.2020)
- Fixed: A client crash
- Fixed: Character stats would not properly synchronise and update in the main menu
- Fixed: Servers could get stuck in a loop trying to disconnect players
Oh. Well I guess you can’t get much in 315mb these days, but given how many bugs players are encountering in the game that seems a small number to fix. The last time the game was updated was 19th December and that was just as miserly, “Fixed: potential crashes related to object placement and manipulation” were the the only notes.
The December update included a brand new map, Livonia, which is available on all formats for 13.99 USD / 13.99 EUR, and the 1.06 updated also added bears to the game. Key features of the update included:
- The Bears, new kings of the forest, have started to roam Chernarus and Livonia.
- Fishing is the new way to relax, catch junk, and occasionally some fish.
- The Vaiga, Blaze, Kolt 1911, and BK-43 are now available to diversify your arsenal.
- If you want a green Ada or a black Gunter 2, it’s in store.
- Xbox and PS4 players can now use their mouse and keyboard on the servers identified as supporting them (the gamepad is always available on all servers).
DayZ launched on PlayStation 4 back in June 2019 and, well, it was a bit of mess, you can read our review here. However, many people seem to be able to get past the glitches and frame rate drops and spend hundreds of hours playing the game, it is inexplicably popular.