Codemasters are rolling out the GRID Season 3 update today, bringing six new hypercars to the game, the iconic Suzuka circuit, plenty of new liveries and a bevy of tweaks and fixes.
The theme for this season is Track Day Hypercars, following on from the Hot Hatchbacks of Season 1 and the Track Day Supercars of Season 2. There’s six cars, split between paid DLC and freebies to earn through the game.
If you’re an Ultimate Edition player, you’ll have instant access to the following:
- Ferrari FXX-K Evo
- Koenigsegg Jesko
- Koenigsegg Agera RS
- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport (also available as loan car in multiplayer)
Meanwhile, all players of the game can earn these two vehicles:
- Honda NSX-GT
- Nissan GT-R Racing Car (GT500 Spec)
All players will also have access to the challenging Suzuka circuit, which is being added to the GRID series for the very first time. Matthew Battison, Lead Level Designer said, “This is the first time that the Suzuka Circuit has featured in the GRID Series, what took us so long?! Over the years, Suzuka Circuit has been heralded as one of the most demanding and rewarding circuits in the world.
Beside that, there’s a big boost to credit reward values in Freeplay and Multiplayer, bumping them up to between four and ten times their previous amounts, and there’s nine new achievements for Ultimate Edition owners to chase after.
The update is out now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Google Stadia players will have to wait for that version to be updated separately, in part due to its unique and exclusive gameplay features.
Here’s the full patch notes:
GRID Ultimate Edition/Season 3 Players
- Four Hypercars – Welcome the Ferrari FXX-K Evo, Koenigsegg Jesko, Koenigsegg Agera RS, and the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport.
- 33 Career events – Two new threads (Invitational Favourites and Track Day) as well as a new Ravenwest Showdown
- Nine new achievements/objectives – New objectives (tied to new achievements) can be found here: Player Profile > Objectives > All > Seasons
- 14 liveries
- Six livery patterns
- Five player cards
- Five player banners
All GRID players
- Two bonus cars – Available to all GRID players, the Honda NSX-GT and NISSAN GT-R Racing Car (GT500 Spec)
- Loan Car – The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport is available as a loan car for all GRID players in Multiplayer
- Suzuka Circuit – Fly to Japan with this new circuit featuring three layouts and three reverse layouts – playable in all nine weather/time of day conditions
- Multiplayer/Freeplay currency rewards increase – Payouts for Freeplay, Private Lobbies, Public Lobbies, and Quickmatch have been substantially increased.
- Various AI tweaks have been made on both cars and tracks. Players should notice that simulated AI times are more realistic
- Fixed an issue where the total distance driven would sometimes reset to zero
- Fixed an issue where terminal damage may reset split times, causing impossible lap times
- Fixed an issue where players may not have been able to retire after terminal damage in Time Attack.
- Various UI/text issues resolved
- Various stability fixes
- All ‘Overtake’ objectives now include actions such as ‘Slingshot’ and ‘Clean Pass’ in their totals
- ‘Distance driven on two wheels’ has been changed to ‘Time driven on two wheels’ to reflect the objective wording
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Track Day GT Hoarder’ objective would not unlock
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Reach Player Level 99’ accolade would not unlock
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Show Off’ achievement would unlock incorrectly during Time Attack
- Fixed an issue where terminal damage during a race would cause a user’s finishing time and position to be random
- Fixed an issue where if a player with zero flashbacks remaining had terminal damage during a race, the race would never end
- Fixed an issue where names of drivers/cars in leaderboards were shown in black
- Xbox One – Fixed an issue where no racecraft points would be given during mid-installation of GRID