The Wave 2 Summer Update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been revealed, with some major new additions and features coming to the game this week on 30th July. Fireworks, Dream Suite and island backups here we come!
Making a return from previous entries in the series is the new weekly fireworks show. This will take place at 7PM every Sunday through August, with a fireworks festival let you shoot your little rockets up into the sky. These can have custom-designed patterns that you’ve made. Redd will also be coming back on shore and appear in the plaza to sell items in Redd’s Raffle.
In addition this will be the much anticipated and requested Dream Suite, another returning feature that was last seen in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Except… it’s not so really a suite or a new building. Instead you go to sleep in a bed in your home, at which point a character called Luna. She will let you share your island with a Dream Address, or let you visit the dream islands of other players.
This allows for offline island visits where you have much more freedom compared to visiting another player’s live island. Nothing is saved and nothing is permanent, so you can explore and mess around as much as you like while dreaming.
Finally, there’s the island backup and restoration service. Animal Crossing: New Horizons does not work with Nintendo Switch Online’s traditional cloud saves and system transfer infrastructure, but this will let you now back up your island in case your Switch is lost or broken. You will need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription in order to use this feature, and island recoveries cannot be don independently. Instead, if your Switch is lost, damaged or stolen, you can contact Nintendo Consumer Support and a representative will be able to restore the island and save data to a new or repaired Switch.
And extra-finally, there was a little teaser for what’s coming after August, with a glimpse of Jack the pumpkin and what looks like it will be an autumnal and Halloween themed set of seasonal events.
- How to go swimming and diving in New Horizons
- How to meet Pascal and collect the Mermaid DIY recipes in New Horizons
- Leif’s Garden Shop and how to plant shrubs and bushes
- Quick start guide to your new island life
- Bringing Isabelle to your island and upgrade the Resident Services Building
- Blathers and Museum opening guide
- How to help Gulliver find his communicator parts
- Daisy Mae and the Stalk Market guide
- Change up your appearance and outfit
- How to use Amiibo with the Campsite & Photopia
- The 10 best new island names for Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to import custom clothes & art with NookLink QR Codes