It wasn’t meant to be until next week, but Microsoft’s hand was forced to splash all the details and reveal the Xbox Series S this week, alongside pricing and release dates for both it and the Xbox Series X. 10th November is the date that the next generation starts… unless Sony decide they’d like to go first?
So, with a lot to catch up on…
In the News This Week
First up, that barrage of Xbox news:
- Xbox Series S design, pricing and November release date confirmed by Microsoft
- Xbox Series X price is official, pre-orders start this month
- Xbox Series X | S final tech specs revealed – Series S RAM speed could affect backward compatibility
- Xbox Game Pass is expanding to include an EA Play membership for no added cost
And then onto the rest, with a bunch of new announcements from Ubisoft:
- Ubisoft CEO issues statement regarding recent scandals ahead of Ubisoft Forward stream
- Immortals: Fenyx Rising is the new name for Gods & Monters, and it’s coming out in December
- Riders Republic is the next game from the makers of Steep, coming out February 2021
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Complete Edition brings the classic brawler back this Christmas
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake officially revealed
- GameStop confirms it will be closing over 400 stores this year, more will follow next year
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War multiplayer revealed – open beta announced for October
- Fall Guys to start using the same anti-cheat measures as Fortnite
Games in Review
We had another metric ton of reviews this week, some great, some… well…
- Inertial Drift – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 9/10
- OkunoKa Madness – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 9/10
- Super Bomberman R Online – Stadia – 8/10
- Moon: Remix RPG Adventure – NSW – 8/10
- Shing! – PS4, NSW, PC – 7/10
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Othercide – NSW – 7/10
- Necromunda: Underhive Wars – PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
- Darkestville Castle – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC, iOS, And – 5/10
- Street Power Football – PS4, XBO, PC – 2/10
We also had one documentary review:
And a pair of hardware reviews – one for your fingers and one for your bum:
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- tactical20 has been making videos in Skater XL, but he’s tiring of the maps so relived the genre’s glory days with Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2.
- gazzagb has been doing some short haul trips in an A320 (in Microsoft Flight Simulator)
- It was just a bit of Fall Guys for ron_mcphatty, who’s eyeing up Death Stranding to kill some time before Star Wars: Squadrons comes out… we’ll see.
- Aside from RDR2, MrYd played some more Death Stranding, hopped into Dead Cells and WRC8 from PS Now, and had some fun with the magical new battle royale Spellbreak.
- Willbuchanan has been playing the Spyro trilogy, snagging the platinum from the first game and immediately swooping on over to the second. He had to get over the fact that the purple and orange dragon could now swim, though.
- And Andrewww has continued on with The Last of Us Part II and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.
I hope you have a good weekend and we’ll see you on the other side!