Wasteland 3 update 1.1.1 is out today across PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, targeting some of the main issues that players have had with the game.
In particular, they’ve focussed on stability on consoles and fixes for co-op getting stuck at 33% loading, while the Antique Appraiser perk has been rebalanced so it’s not just ridiculously powerful. This follows on from the update earlier this month that also aimed to fix co-op and stability. A few more patches, and Wasteland 3 should be as stable as PS4 and Nintendo Switch system software!
There are still some known issues that they’re working on, but this should generally make the game more enjoyable.
Wasteland 3 launched last month to rave reviews, picking up a 9/10 from Thomas – here’s what he had to say:
“Wasteland 3 is a delight to experience with some of the most engaging RPG mechanics in the series to date. Its dense and detailed world is only outshone by the character and its cast of vibrant and wacky characters, who are all brought to life by the introduction of voiced dialogue. If you’re a fan of RPGs, isometric-adventure games or turn-based combat, Wasteland 3 is an absolute must.”
You can catch the full list of Wasteland 3 changes below.
Wasteland 3 – 1.1.1 Patch Notes
Performance and Stability
- We’ve made over a dozen individual changes aimed at improving performance and stability, especially on consoles. We’re continuing work on additional improvements for future updates.
- Some slight load time improvements have been made. We’re finalizing some more impactful load time reductions which you’ll see in a future patch.
- Fixed an issue where if computer consoles were used during combat, game performance would decrease.
- Performance has been improved when using Precision Strike.
- Load screen hangs (i.e. 33% load bug) have largely been resolved for co-op games. In a few cases the load bar may appear to be stuck at 33% but will eventually load after 5 or more minutes. We’re aware and actively working to resolve these.
- Addressed an issue with the Direct Connect option that was preventing some guests from connecting to their hosts.
- Fixed crash that could occur in co-op while players engaged with Major Prasad.
- Players with different build versions are now blocked from playing with each other.
- [Xbox One] Resolved an issue where the user would not be able to join a second game if it was hosted by the same person.
Quests and Gameplay
- The Antiques Appraiser perk no longer triggers on Scrap. This closes a loophole in which Scrap could be simply bought and sold for a profit using the Antiques Appraiser perk. We found that in some cases the perk was giving players far too much money when Scrap was included. Of note, this change will not be reflected in the text descriptions until a subsequent patch.
- Antiques Appraiser now has a 5% chance to multiply the value of Junk by 40x, down from 50x.
- A persistent issue with the Fishlips encounter which would result in the game locking up has been resolved.
- Resolved an issue where the epilogue song would sometimes not play all the way through.
- Merchants now round up item values, instead of down. Buying in bulk is always better!
- Liberty’s Warbots are now immune to hacking, which should make her appropriately more challenging.
- Resolved an issue where the Survival Skill was granting Animal Whisperer abilities.
- Resolved an issue where some missions related to the Gippers were unable to be completed under specific conditions.
- Resolved an issue where players were being charged the correct amount of skill points on purchase, but the tooltip and the bar were using the wrong value to calculate/display the cost.