Devolver Digital and Nerial have announced Reigns: Beyond and confirmed that it will be coming to Apple Arcade at some point soon. Unlike previous Reigns games you will not be ruling over a kingdom, but instead rocking out across the stars as intergalactic rock band looking to grow its reputation and become famous. Other than that it will have similar gameplay where everything is determined by swiping cards left and right.
The full description for Reigns: Beyond can be read below:
As an intergalactic indie rockband, plot your rise to “stardom”, traveling from planet to planet and gig to gig on your quest for fame and fortune. Play local (and not-so-local) clubs throughout the galaxy, recruiting alien band members along the way, and rock out across the cosmos! But make sure you’re managing your ship’s resources and keeping your crew in check while on this stellar tour because one wrong decision may leave you lost in space!
- Unlock the legendary Galactic Guitars and rock out in front of your adoring fans.
- Fight pirates, overzealous tax collectors and more in swiping dogfights.
- Hang out on your ship for band practice and offer directions to lost space travelers
- Meet 60+ curious characters, including your manager, Lord Shark, Strombo the scholarly mollusc, Gron the space bear, … and of course your crew and your ship’s know-it-all AI
- 1400+ decision cards. Infinite possibilities!
- Original soundtrack by Sam Webster
Reigns: Beyond will be 313.5 MB and will support the languages English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish.
Source: Press Release