Breach charges at the ready, Operators. The prep phase is over and Rainbow Six Siege is now officially available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
As we’ve previously reported, a free next-gen upgrade is available to anyone that currently owns a copy of Rainbow Six Siege. All you need to do is log into the account originally used to purchased Siege, then find the correct upgrade/version.
Here’s what players on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S can expect from this beefed up version of the popular Tom Clancy shooter:
- 4K resolution (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X) / 1080p (Xbox Series S)
- 120 fps (PlayStation5, Xbox Series X)
- DualSense™ wireless controller capabilities for even deeper immersion (PlayStation 5)
- Activities support for the most popular playlists so players can dive into the game faster (PlayStation 5)
The following features are also being implemented for an enhanced next-gen experience on all platforms:
- Better accessibility (readability options, text to speech and speech to text)
- Quick start (optimised login flow, streamlined intro sequence)
- Ubisoft Connect overlay
Alongside this PS5 and Xbox Series X|S launch, Ubisoft have also kicked off their new season for Rainbow Six Siege. Year 5 Season 4 “Neon Dawn” is now underway.
The two highlights of Neon Dawn include Aruni and the new map rework for Skyscraper. Aruni is the game’s first Thai Operator who brings an interesting defensive gadget into play – the Surya Gate. She also has a bionic arm which can pack quite the punch. A new animated trailer was released today, introducing her to roster.
Here’s what else Ubisoft is bringing in Rainbow Six Siege Y5S4:
- New Operator – Aruni
- New Gadget – Surya Gate
- Skyscraper map rework
- Hibana X-KAIROS update
- Echo Yokai drone update
- Jäger Active Defense System update
- Reduced runout timers
- Improved Gadget on Gadget interactions
- Sixth Guardian charity initiative
- Vigil, Zofia, Dokka, Nomad, Kaid, Wamai and Kali Operator price reductions
Source: Press Release