Ubisoft have dropped their latest game update for Rainbow Six Siege, making a small list of changes to the tactical Tom Clancy shooter.
This midseason patch is now available to download on PC (via Steam and Ubisoft Connect). Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.2 will not be coming to consoles (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S) with Ubisoft confirming any changes will be bundled into the next update, Y6S1.3.
So what’s new in Rainbow Six Siege following this newest update? While there’s no new content up for grabs, players will benefit from some minor yet helpful fixes, outlined below.
Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.2 Update Patch Notes
- FIXED — Ping marker doesn’t appear if the player aims too close to the edge of an asset.
- FIXED — Defenders can prevent a match cancellation by prematurely ending the round.
- FIXED — Defenders are detected by Proximity Alarm if a Defender is eliminated while throwing one.
- FIXED — Multiple destruction, texture, and clipping issues on various maps.
- FIXED — Various instances of Operators’ legs clipping through maps.
- FIXED – Multiple exploitable gaps on various maps.
- FIXED – Frost’s Welcome Mat is clipping through the two rugs at 1F Mudroom on Chalet map.
- FIXED – Kapkan can deploy a trap inside the desk near 2F Break Room on Border map.
- FIXED — Various LOS, navigation, and clipping issues on Outback map.
- FIXED — Defenders get detected outside when standing in the doorway between 1F Lobby and 1F Courtyard on Coastline map.
- FIXED — Team kills from the RCE-Ratero Charge aren’t treated as an exemption and will activate RFF on Flores.
- FIXED — The first-person animation when vaulting with a shield is different than the third-person animation.
- FIXED — Aruni’s special melee attacks do not break the glass of some bookcases but will destroy objects behind them.
- FIXED — If Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge is deployed next to a drone and the player enters Observation Tools at the same time that the RCE-Ratero Charge explodes, the RCE and drone HUDs will stay on screen for a second.
- FIXED — Various UI and navigation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED — Various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED — Minor cosmetic and shop fixes.
- FIXED — Various Audio and SFX issues throughout the game.
- FIXED — Host cannot kick another player in a Custom Game.
If you’re a lapsed Siege player or looking to finally get your hands on the popular strategic shooter, both the PS4 and Xbox One versions can be upgraded to PS5/Xbox Series X|S respectively, for free. For all PS4 to PS5 upgrades, you can review our full list here.