Capcom has confirmed that a fan favourite mode will be making its return in Resident Evil Village. That game mode is Mercenaries and it’s a big return after a quite long hiatus. The Mercenaries mode was first present in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and also appeared in Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 6. The mode also saw a spin off game in the 3DS title Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D. The reveal of the Resident Evil: The Mercenaries was done during the Resident Evil Showcase, and you can see it in the trailer below.
The Mercenaries mode in Resident Evil Village will not be available until after the main campaign has been completed. In the mode, players need to get as far as possible in stages within time limits. There will be a first person view available in the mode, adding a different style to how the mode has been before which was the third person mode. Players will be able to purchase new weapons and upgrades in game, with those making it to the end of the final stage getting an additional bonus.
Another demo was revealed for Resident Evil Village as well, and the first part is available to preload now on PS4 and PS5. Here’s the download links:
And the specific times of availability:
30-Minute demos – PS5 and PS4 only
- North America: April 17 @ 5pm to April 18 @ 1am (Pacific Time)
- Europe: April 18 @ 7pm to April 19 @ 3am CEST
- Asia: April 18 @ 5pm – April 19 @ 1am HKT
- North America: April 24 @ 5pm to April 25 @ 1am (Pacific Time)
- Europe: April 25 @ 7pm to April 26 @ 3am CEST
- Asia: April 25 @ 5pm to April 26 @ 1am HKT
60-Minute demo – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC, Stadia
Village & Castle:
- North America: May 1 @ 5pm to May 2 @ 5pm (Pacific Time)
- Europe: May 2 @ 2am to May 3 @ 2am CEST
- Asia: May 2 @ 8am to May 3 @ 8am HKT
Resident Evil Village will be releasing for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Stadia on 7th May 2021.