The first patch for Housemarque’s Returnal is going live any second now but before we get to that, if you have a game of Returnal currently running on your PS5 and it’s rest mode, go turn off auto-updates quickly!
PSA: #Returnal patch and patch notes will go live tomorrow (May 5) at noon PST, 7pm GMT.
— Housemarque (@Housemarque) May 4, 2021
As you cannot save the game you can only put the PS5 in to rest mode to pause the game and resume at a later date. If you have auto updates turned on, the PS5 will reset the game and you will lose your progress.
So, on to the patch notes which are quite small.
- Fixed an issue where certain Trophies might not unlock under specific gameplay conditions. Note: missing Trophies will need to be replayed to unlock.
- Multiple stability fixes addressing rare crashes/hangs.
- Fixed issue with pre-order suits occasionally blocking item collection and door opening.
- Fixed incorrect healing behaviour when resting in Helios.
- Configuration changes to increase the number of scout corpses available in all biomes.
- Fixed issues with certain custom controller mappings.
- Numerous minor fixes and improvements.
We gave Returnal a stonking 9/10 in our review, here’s what Jim had to say.
It feels immensely satisfying to be sat here in 2021, eons after playing Super Stardust HD on PS3, and see just how far Housemarque has come. Offering a visual bullet hell spectacle, a showcase for the DualSense controller and a rewarding sci-fi narrative woven around the roguelike loop, we can say with unflinching confidence that Returnal is the PS5’s best game to date.
Returnal guides & more from TheSixthAxis
- Returnal Review
- Getting started in Returnal – 10 essential tips for beginners
- Watch us play 45 minutes of Returnal from the start of the game
- Returnal Items Guide – Parasites, Artefacts & Consumables, what do they do?
- Returnal – Ixion boss battle guide
- Returnal – Nemesis boss battle guide
- How Returnal and Deathloop are evolving the roguelike genre