Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.57 is now live on all available platforms, making some welcome quality of life changes to the popular subscription-based MMORPG. You will need to download and install this new update to play, whether you’re on PC, PS4, or PS5.
Developer and publisher Square Enix have dropped the official Final Fantasy XIV 5.57 patch notes for this latest update, detailing adjustments made to one of its tougher endgame raids. There is also an option to easily visit other worlds if you attempt to log-in and find that your own server is at full capacity.
Those Final Fantasy XIV players who have been running the game’s Eden’s Promise (Savage) raid will find the grind a little more forgiving with increased rewards and reduced limits. Here are the highlights:
- Two treasure coffers will now always appear. Furthermore, the weekly restriction on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
- The weekly entrance restriction on all areas of Eden’s Promise (Savage) has been removed.
- Players may now proceed directly to any area of Eden’s Promise (Savage).
- Players will now receive the power of the Echo.
- The Echo will take effect upon entering Eden’s Promise (Savage) raids, increasing players’ maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing potency by 10%.
Alongside the aforementioned “Visit Another World Server” feature, expect some bug fixes and performance improvements.
As we slowly march into summer 2021 there will be more updates and seasonal events coming to Final Fantasy XIV. Patch 5.58 is on the way, as well as the Make It Rain, Moonfire Faire, and The Rising in-game events. September will see the Final Fantasy XV collaboration event return with themed rewards up for grabs, including a Regalia mount.
Of course, what fans are most excited for is Final Fantasy XIV’s upcoming Endwalker expansion. Recently revealed during this year’s Fan Fest event, here’s a breakdown of the new content and features coming to the MMO in November.
- Journey to Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald, and even the Moon!
- New Jobs: Sage and more
- Level Cap Increase from 80 to 90
- Expansive new areas, including Garlemald, Thavnair, and the city of Radz-at-Han.
- A New Tribe: the Arkasodara
- New threats, including Anima.
- New Dungeons
- Secrets Revealed in a New Alliance Raid Series
- New Small-scale PvP Mode
- An Additional “Trust” ally: Estinien Wyrmblood
- A New Residential District: Ishgard
- Updates to the Gold Saucer
- Relaxing Fun in Island Sanctuary
- New Gear and Crafting Recipes
- Expanded Horizons via the Data Center Travel System
For those who have yet to try Final Fantasy XIV, the free trial available to new players allows you to experience the full base game and its first expansion, Heavensward, without paying a penny.
Source: Final Fantasy XIV