Sony has revealed the October 2021 PlayStation Plus games and the leak was correct, you are getting multiplayer WWII shooter Hell Let Loose on PS5, while on PS4 the games are Mortal Kombat X and PGA Tour 2K21.
The features of Hell Let Loose include:
- The brutality of the War in Europe: Hell Let Loose portrays the battles of the Western Front across two distinct modes, Offensive and Warfare.
- Authentic strategic gameplay: Each side of 50 players is broken down into armour, infantry, and recon, led by officers with a direct line to an overall player-commander directing the flow of the game.
- Unique metagame: Extended battles entrench participants in the tidal-like motion of the frontline that builds up Hell Let Loose’s real-time strategy inspired metagame.
- Playing a Part: Fourteen roles are available for players to experience, from engineers and snipers, commanders and tank crewmen, medics and support; all play a part in the war effort.
The Mortal Kombat series needs no introduction although Mortal Kombat X is getting a bit long in the tooth now having originally launched in 2015. We scored it 9/10 back in our review. “Netherealms has crafted something that is enjoyable on a number of levels, and whilst the squeamish need not apply, anyone with an interest in fighting games should check it out,” said Dom at the time.
PGA Tour 2K21 is rather more recent but scored 7/10 when Nick took a look at the game. “I can’t help but be a little disappointed with the feel of the overall experience. What should have been a hole in one return of a licensed golf series feels like it’s only just managing to hit par,” he said.
Can I still download the September 2021 PlayStation Plus Games?
Yes you can. The PlayStation Plus games for September are Hitman 2 and Predator: Hunting Grounds for PlayStation 4, and Overcooked! All You Can Eat as the PS5 bonus game.
- Overcooked! All You Can Eat for PS5
- Predator: Hunting Grounds for PS4 and PS5 (via BC)
- Hitman 2 for PS4 and PS5 (via BC)