A major update for Total War Warhammer 3 is now available on PC. The eagerly anticipated patch is chock full of balance changes, campaign improvements, bug fixes, and more.
Total War Warhammer update 1.1 is ready to download on Steam and the Epic Games Store. Highlights include tweaks to the Realm of Chaos system and a new reward for those who complete the campaign.
All the major changes are covered in a handy video by developer, Creative Assembly. You can catch a summary below, with more comprehensive patch notes here.
Total War Warhammer Update 1.1 Highlights
- Numerous crash fixes and performance optimizations
- A major overhaul of the Realm of Chaos mechanics
- A much-anticipated fix for a bugged interaction between the Everlasting Gift tech and Gift of Slaneesh upgrade
- A fix to ensure that Supply Lines values update properly when disbanding a Lord
- Fixes for numerous issues blocking players from completing the Prologue
- A one-on-one training montage to bulk up The Daemon Prince (aka “Daniel”)
- Major adjustments to the Daemons of Chaos Gifts and Gift Sets
- The first improvements to unit responsiveness (with more coming later)
- Units must now brace against a charging attacker for Charge Reflection to take effect
- Balance updates for most factions and several faction-specific units
- Two returning Domination battlefields: Arnheim and Battle for Itza
- Major updates to the Domination multiplayer mode: including larger starting armies and an update to supply mechanics
- …and much more!
Total War Warhammer 3 launched earlier this year to glowing reviews, rounding out the strategy game saga. In our own review we scored the threequel a triumphant 9/10:
If Total War Warhammer 3 is the beginning of the end for Creative Assembly’s fantasy series, then it’s going out on a high note. The game takes several steps forward in how the campaign works, how it builds toward climactic battles and then how those battles take place, and there’s plenty of quality of life improvements for the Total War series as a whole.
Of course, there is more Warhammer 3 to come. As with previous games, expect a steady flow of updates and expansions, including the eagerly anticipated Mortal Empires DLC. This will allow players to dive into sweeping campaigns featuring all major factions. With games based in the Warhammer Fantasy setting drying up, this could be a bittersweet farewell.
If swords and sorcery isn’t exactly your thing then the Warhammer universe has plenty in store. XCOM fans will revel in the upcoming Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters as we patiently await gritty sci-fi shooter, Warhammer 40,000 Darktide.