Article written by Alex C.
Published on 29/06/2010 at 06:45 AM.
As usual with firmware updates, version 3.40 brings with it some hidden features not mentioned on any of the pre-launch changelogs and Blog posts. Alongside the new stuff we learnt about last night – Facebook, video editing, rating and photo uploading are the following minor tweaks and additions:
- Your Friends List will now show Trophy levels as you hover over them.
- Friends Lists now have a golden ‘plus’ on them for anyone subscribing to PlayStation Plus.
- The colours of your Friend’s boxes faded in, rather than ‘jumping’ from the normal grey.
- There’s an option to calibrate the sensors in PlayStation Move controllers.
- Deep Color Output has been added for TV sets that support the feature over HDMI.
- The Video Editor cannot be used on videos installed on the hard drive before Firmware 3.40.
- A few PlayStation Plus items have appeared in the menus, such as Automatic Downloading.
If any more appear, we’ll let you know.