Zavvi Taking Pre-Orders For Unconfirmed HD Re-Releases

Mortal Kombat, Prince of Persia & Splinter Cell.

The rumours of a Mortal Kombat collection, Prince of Persia Trilogy, and Splinter Cell Trilogy have been circulating for some time now.  Online retailer Zavvi is now taking pre-orders for all three.

‘Mortal Kombat HD Classics’ is down for an early December release; Prince of Persia Trilogy: HD Collection is down for early next year, and Splinter Cell Trilogy: HD Collection has been put down for the end of November.

We will be chasing up the developers to get their comments on the matter.

Source: Zavvi, Thanks project84music

1. JoshHood
    Small briefcase w*nker

I’d almost forgotten about these. Lots of remake brilliance on the way then, by the looks of it.

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 10:47.
  2. lewis815
    Since: Mar 2009

Jak trilogy re-release for the love of God pleeeease..

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 10:47.
    • Mike
      Since: Oct 2008

Instant buy if that happened. Even if it was just Jak and Daxter, I’d happily pay £30+

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 10:56.
      • Raider197

Jak & Daxter is one of the best games ever made in my opinion. I’d instantly buy all three in a HD (and 3D?) collection.

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 12:26.
    • Quinlank

I’d like Jak 1-3 as well, but you just know there’d be complaints about Sony omitting Jak X and Lost Frontier from any such collection, and doing five games in one collection would be a bit much, so they may figure it isn;t worth the effort. Those Jak games were packed with content remember, no small task even revamping one of them I’d guess. I imagine we’re unlikely to see a Ratchet and Clank collection for similar reasons.

Comment posted on 18/09/2010 at 00:32.
  3. Ryan1991

At £25, I may have to pre-order them.

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 10:53.
  4. hobgoblin
    Since: Jan 2009

The Hut’s been taking pre-orders for these for the last couple of weeks.

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 10:53.
  5. citizeninsane45
    Would happily punch a priest free of charge.
    Since: Oct 2008

Is this the official ‘the cat out of the bag’ day?

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 10:54.
  6. SpikeyMikey23

the prices seem redicularse! 35 quid for mortal combat remakes, no thanks. 19.99 and maybe!

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 10:57.
  7. tom1234321

I shop with Zavvi sometimes and they do get things wrong, they got their LBP psp release date wrong by 2 months and they didn’t even change the date till it was actually out.
    Who knows could be true tho, love PoP games I brought the boxset bundle back when it firs came out for £20, selling it now for £5 more on ps3? Looks like a bargin for 3 classic games. :)

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 10:58.
  8. TSBonyman

Splinter Cell HD i would buy. and Jak and Daxter 1st game and SSX Tricky.

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 11:46.
  9. jonny_bolton
    Chooses The Impossible
    Since: Oct 2008

I bought Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and now all I want to do is play the first two. Traded them in a long time ago though so HD remakes please!

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 12:09.
    • Raider197

Kingdom Hearts Collection would be amazing as well. I doubt it’ll happen though, Square seem to be kind of anti-fans this generation.

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 12:28.
  10. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

I’d like 3rd parties to get in on the re-release action… looking at you EA and the SSX trilogy… or how about a sports collection with a good PS2 Madden (not sure which one) NHL 2002 (prob my fave sports game ever) and an NBA title

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 12:33.
    • aerobes

I’d sign up for that, definitely.

Comment posted on 17/09/2010 at 12:37.