Call of Juarez: The Cartel Announced

Cowboys invade modern LA.

Saddle up, cowpunchers, a new Call of Juarez is a-rustling. Announced today, Ubisoft are taking the cowboys out of the West and plonking them in modern day LA in yet another rip-roaring tale from Polish developer Techland. Caroline Stevens, EMEA Brand Director at Ubisoft, said:

Call of Juarez The Cartel is an action-packed shooter game with a strong story, interesting characters and a wide variety of gameplay options.

The game will bring the best elements of the Wild West into modern times with a very gritty and relevant plot.

The FPS – set for a release this summer on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC – will allow players to journey from the heart of modern day Los Angeles, California to Juarez, Mexico. Sounds like a Blazing Saddles game to us. Can’t wait.

Source: Press release

1. rht992
    Since: Apr 2009

hmmmm not sure about this one. tried the demo of the last game ad thought it was awful. Here’s hoping we’ll see a trailer soon though

Comment posted on 07/02/2011 at 17:40.
  2. Roynaldo
    Since: Nov 2008

Never did get round to playing the first. Convince me someone!

Comment posted on 07/02/2011 at 17:46.
    • blackredyellow
      Since: Mar 2009

Really enjoyed the first one, single player was good fun and at the time I’m sure I would have recommended it. However (you were hoping I wouldn’t say that!), the online play wasn’t great and was fairly empty at the time. Also, if you’ve played RDR then you’ll probably compare the two and its a no brainer as to which is the better game! Not convincing I know, sorry.

Comment posted on 08/02/2011 at 07:45.
  3. adamguest1985
    Since: Apr 2010

I got the impression from the almost instant price plunge that the first game tanked. Was mildly entertaining, but nothing spectacular.

Comment posted on 07/02/2011 at 17:49.
  4. Winkle

Sod this give us a new Rainbow Six Ubi!! Doooo Eeet Now!

Comment posted on 07/02/2011 at 18:09.
    • SpikeyMikey23

future soldier is out this year isnt it?

Comment posted on 08/02/2011 at 17:25.
  5. tonycawley
    Pint! Pint!

I’d make a similar comment to adamg here, first one was ok and if you can find it for a few quid its ok. They actually had a really good online element though I can’t recall its name, one team had to rob a bank, the other had to stop them. Some improvements over the first and this could turn out to be quite good.

Comment posted on 07/02/2011 at 18:13.
  6. Peter Rushton
    Since: Aug 2010

this is gonna be …
    seriously ubisoft?

Comment posted on 07/02/2011 at 18:24.
  7. Crazy_Del

Call of Juarez is a brilliant game. It’s the 2nd best cowboy game I’ve played (Read Dead being the no.1) I loved the brothers in the game, they are great characters. The singleplayer was so much fun and the online was great but the srver was poor as it lagged a few times. I still have the game and would love to replay the story mode. As for “The Cartel” I hope it will be good as this “Bound in Blood” but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Would like to see gamplay action.

Comment posted on 07/02/2011 at 18:56.
    • scavenga

I actually liked CoJ2, not xtremely polished or advanced, but ultimately a fun play, and I played it all the way through.

Quite excited that there’s a new one coming, me.

Comment posted on 07/02/2011 at 21:44.
  8. OptimusGoz

you guys do know bound in blood wasnt the first call of juarez game right? and they were both great, this one sounds weird though.

Comment posted on 08/02/2011 at 01:13.
    • Joe

i agree… cowboys in LA? sounds pretty lame really

Comment posted on 08/02/2011 at 08:35.
  9. E8_BALL_
    Since: Jul 2010

” Was mildly entertaining, but nothing spectacular.”
    My impression perfectly, traded after a while.
    It did have a certain somethething at its cor, buried underneath layers of not so good.

Comment posted on 08/02/2011 at 16:05.
  10. E8_BALL_
    Since: Jul 2010

” Was mildly entertaining, but nothing spectacular.”
    My impression perfectly, traded after a while.
    It did have a certain somethething at its core, buried underneath layers of not so good.

Comment posted on 08/02/2011 at 16:05.