Move Fitness Announced

Moving for fitness. Again.

Sony has just announced Move Fitness at their Gamescom conference. The typically cheesy trailer showed impossibly shiny happy people playing various arm-based activities, such as basketball (picking a ball up then shooting), target punching and punchbag punching.

Other than the patronising trailer, the activities did look reasonably fun, if very arm-based thanks to the nature of Move. I can only expect people with enormous arms and unfit everything-else to be the result. We’ll all look like apes.

1. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

Really highlighted the lack of body tracking IMO

punch this, punch that, punch that moving thingy, punch that glass, use a sword oh and punch this

Good fun mini games, maybe, but probably piss poor as a fitness workout beyond getting your heart-rate up

Comment posted on 16/08/2011 at 19:10.
    • sward1
      Since: Jul 2010

don’t jump to conclusions so soon. I mean, i didn’t think any of the games on sports champion would do that, but gladiator duels does work up a sweat, not as much as wii fit, but it’s still good enough

Comment posted on 16/08/2011 at 19:39.
      • beeje13
        Since: Jan 2010

I think hes trying to point out it just uses the move controllers, no dedicated excersises for the rest of the body.

Comment posted on 16/08/2011 at 20:18.
      • Deathbrin

I always break a sweat playing Move games lol it drains me out and the battery too :S

Comment posted on 16/08/2011 at 22:57.
      • Origami Killer

gladiator duals on sports champions are so tiring and even the table tennis. Also from playing Wii Fit and being able to rum on the spot on that by placing the controller in your pocket, can’t they also do that with move?

Comment posted on 17/08/2011 at 10:17.
  2. BIGAL-1992
    Since: Jan 2009

There is a way I found to get fit and get paid at the same time – building up pallets at a bottling factory, so I’ll skip this.

Comment posted on 16/08/2011 at 19:17.
  3. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

Move is dying already.

Comment posted on 16/08/2011 at 19:35.
  4. GamingBlueBoy
    Since: May 2011

I think that they have forgotten about eyetoy.

Comment posted on 16/08/2011 at 20:41.
  5. Apnomis
    Since: Sep 2009

Didn’t EyeToy Kinetic do body tracking on the PS2? Seems strange that they would do a Move version and ignore functionality they had in a previous generation of the tech. At the very least they could have added some EA Active 2 style sensors (which incidentally I found to be a pretty effective home workout)

Comment posted on 17/08/2011 at 11:52.
  6. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I shall search high and low for the trailer.

It sounds like a generic fitness game. I wonder if Dan or Peter will be doing a diary of keeping fit on it?

Comment posted on 17/08/2011 at 12:47.