Spike Launches Teaser For New BioWare Game

Smells like Modern Warfare.

Like many before it, this year’s VGAs (hosted by Spike TV) is set to pull the veil on a number of upcoming video games leading into 2012.

Last year’s ceremony housed the world premieres of titles including Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Resistance 3, Batman: Arkham City, Mass Effect 3 and many more, so forgive us if we come across a little over-excited.

One game which has been confirmed for the event which screens on December 10th is a new project from acclaimed EA studio BioWare.

There still isn’t much to go on, though given the presence of tanks and other contemporary warfare triggers, we’re eager to see where the KOTOR creators will take us after wrapping up Commander Shepard’s epic trilogy next year.

Read more: # #
  1. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I can’t get the video to play. :( I’m on FF8.

I hope Bioware doesn’t start doing MWstyle FPSes as that is not what they are known for and could lead to EA going “screw the RPGs, you are working on Generic FPS”. They work best when it is a fantasy RPG.

If it is a FPS set in modern day, then Bioware be dead to me as EA has plenty of other devs for FPS. Sorry, i’ve gone off topic and habour a bit of a hatred for EA. :S
    I wonder if it will be a Mass Effect game set in the first contact wars(my knowledge of ME lore is a bit rusty.)

Comment posted on 22/11/2011 at 18:03.
    • Sympozium

Recently people have been abbreviating Firefox has “FF”, they’re just mixing it with Final Fantasy and Fap Folder, so weird… what happened to FF7, FF6, FF5? the pinnacles of the Firefox franchise? is there Dissida: FF? I bet theres a FF: Spirts Within since there was a time Firefox was awful. O.o *rant done*

Comment posted on 22/11/2011 at 19:00.
    • maneorix
      Since: Oct 2008

If it’s Mass Effect related then I’ll be fine with whatever they want to do with it – since it’ll be a different story. As long as it isn’t another modern day FPS. As you said, they have plenty of people to make those at EA.

Comment posted on 22/11/2011 at 19:14.
  2. Sympozium

A new low for Bioware if it ends up becoming set in either a wasteland or Modern Warfare universe. Would be odd if it didn’t have RPG elements…but we know the story will be the usual style right?

I know a minority would be sick of it, but whatever what they think that sells is just how business works I guess.

Comment posted on 22/11/2011 at 19:05.
    • MayContainEvil
      Since: Feb 2011

Yeah I must say that ‘first look’ has left me pretty cold. No dragons and no spaceships, I don’t know what they think they’re playing at.

Comment posted on 23/11/2011 at 01:53.
      • bacon_nuts
        Since: Mar 2011

Just cause there’s tanks doesn’t mean there can’t be spaceships, like in Killzone. Why not just add dragons to the mix too, they had both in Reign of Fire, although that’s a movie… Dragons, tanks and space would be awesome…

Comment posted on 23/11/2011 at 02:06.
  3. nofi
    One for all.

Video fixed.

Comment posted on 22/11/2011 at 20:09.