God Of War Series Could Appear On Vita And iOS

Tilt to swing blade.

IGN is running an interview teaser with a ballsy headline – “God of War Could Come to Vita, iOS” – with the full interview to follow.

“You may yet see God of War on a non-Sony platform at some point,” it says, claiming Sony is “exploring avenues to bring God of War to PlayStation Vita and beyond.”

“I think with the way the industry’s playing that dysfunctional passive aggressive type of mentality, we as a company and we as an industry constantly have to look at all opportunities,” said PSP God of War developers Ready at Dawn.

“It doesn’t mean we’ll go there, but there’s certainly reason to talk about it.”

Nobody’s actually saying the series could end up on iPhones here, just that they’re not ruling it out. What’s entirely more likely is that a Vita version is on the cards.

There was a phone version of God Of War a few years ago.  You can see it above.

Yeah.

1. Deathbrin

Didn’t realise the Java GoW was in 2D.

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 21:56.
  2. Cutter.T

I’m thinking they might test the waters with Ports of the PSP games on PSSuite. Hopefully this will allow for ‘native res’ downloads on PSVita, as I’m assuming PSSuite games will run natively at Vita’s resolution (well its a dream anyway).

On another note, does anyone know if PSSuite games will be able to support trophies? I know its indie and all, but iOS has achievements of a sort.

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 21:58.
    • Cutter.T

On a further note, that video is making want a pseudo-2D action combat-platformer on a mobile device. Thinking now about a Rayman-Originas like 2D game with *very mild spoilers* gameplay like that 2D bit on the final boss in GOW III. */end mild spoilers* That would be amazing, or what if it had a zelda-like overworld with ‘platforming dungeons’ ala Zelda II, but actually good.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here.

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:06.
      • Cutter.T

*Rayman Origins, not Originas

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:07.
  3. Tomhlord
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Apr 2009

Surely PlayStation Suite would be more appropriate than IOS

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:00.
    • nofi
      One for all.

Yeah, you’d think. I think this is just IGN fishing.

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:12.
      • Cutter.T

However, its odd that A Sony Santa Monica Interview is appearing out of the blue now. God of War IV announcement this week.

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:37.
  4. Burgess_101

Vita version yes please! if its anything like the previous two outings on PSP were in for a treat!

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:04.
  5. Sympozium

Nice music, Joe Satriani I believe :D

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:04.
  6. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

I used to have that game! It was very good for a mobile game at the time, now I want to play it again.

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:40.
  7. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Give me God of war vita and am good, I love the series so much I played it traded it in and re bought it back

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 22:42.
  8. nofi
    One for all.
    • Deathbrin

Skipping? So we’ll only see them in 10 years?

Comment posted on 21/03/2012 at 00:09.
      • skibadee
        Since: Oct 2009

they skipped this gen so there working on what comes next.

Comment posted on 21/03/2012 at 00:15.
      • KeRaSh

That would be ridiculous. How could they survive this whole gen without releasing anything and who would be stupid enough to pump that amount of money into them without getting anything back from it until they release something next gen?

Ok, I just read the interview and based on this quote…

“most people ask us that, how do you go from a handheld to a next generation console?”

…I guess they are waiting for the PS4?

Comment posted on 21/03/2012 at 07:13.
  9. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

ios doubt that maybe a small game on the playstation suite so a Sony or HTC devise can get it.

Comment posted on 20/03/2012 at 23:58.
  10. aerobes

God of War on iOS seems pretty unlikely but I’d be surprised if it never surfaced on Vita.

Comment posted on 21/03/2012 at 04:38.