PES 2012 Sells 1 Million In Latin America

Celebrates with price cut.

A press release from Konami has informed us that PES 2012 has sold 1 million units in Latin America (and not the entire world as some sites are reporting.)

To celebrate this tango-tastic number, Konami will be re-releasing the game on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC at a ‘new discounted price.’

‘Full price’ PES 2012 can be purchased online for around £20 from Play.com so expect a couple of quid to be shaved off that.

Source: Press Release

1. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Only Konami would re-release the same game again…

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 12:21.
  2. bigbaldwolf
    Since: Mar 2012

PES has failed to keep up in recent years which is a shame because I always loved PES but now FIFA offers better gameplay IMO (and no I’m not starting a FIFA / PES war). Still, good for Konami that sales are still good.

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 12:22.
  3. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

Looking forward to PES2013 as I alternate between the 2 franchises.Really missed the management & coaching whilst playing this year’s supposedly unbelievable FIFA12, as its career mode is wafer thin in comparison, so lacks longevity. Plus there’s the added bonus that PES is actually playable online & not just full of quitters who only play as 5 star teams

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 12:26.
    • Burgess_101

I hear people saying that the career mode is better in PES which is why I always retort with just play FM2012 :P

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 15:24.
  4. MICKY17

I love PES. Can’t quite beat Master League, it’s brilliant. Will likely pick this up over the summer.

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 12:29.
  5. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Pro over fifa anyday lol how can people say fifa is better

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 12:31.
    • Bilbo_bobbins

because it is ;-P

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 14:36.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

No EA brainwashing you lol they made fifa complicated than it needs to be, dribble and shot simple formula

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 14:42.
  6. tonycawley
    Pint! Pint!

Quick, there’s been mention of pes, let’s make comparisons with FIFA even though its not relevant to the article.

I cannot stand the crazy japanese-yness of pes which is why I never buy it.

Plus I don’t want to play as Manchester red thanks, I want to play as the real team. Licenses are really important to me in sports games.

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 12:43.
    • mugsybalone

Man United are in there anyway, as are Spurs, along with the major leagues in Europe, the Champions League, Europa League and the Copa Libertadores tournaments. Licensing’s a moot point in PES now, though, with the easy availability of the option files – GTM’s file being a personal favourite, used for the past couple of PES’s, does a great job of updating the Premier League kits, players and teams and adds in the NPower Championship (most of it, but who wants to play as Barnsley anyway?).

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 13:04.
      • adevow
        Since: Dec 2010

I do!

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 14:53.
      • mugsybalone

Lol, there’s always one :)

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 15:12.
  7. Peter Rushton
    Since: Aug 2010

I love pes for the master league but Fifa just has the better gameplay now. I went from pes 08 & 10 to fifa 11 and I did not regret it… Hope pes 13 is a major step up!

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 13:41.
    • bigbaldwolf
      Since: Mar 2012

I did the same but I had PES 09 and FIFA 09 as they were both on offer at the time. I do hope that PES improves because the master league was brilliant but not the gameplay is just too slow. I’ll be keeping an eye out this year to see which one is better

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 14:37.
      • Peter Rushton
        Since: Aug 2010

The gameplay is bearable; the masterleague is just god sent… appearently it is now online! Another reason why I got Fifa was because nearly everyone I know has it… if Pes can get sustainable online the comeback might just be on!

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 19:13.
  8. Bilbo_bobbins

PES has gradually got worse each year, nothing new has been brought to the game and is losing its customers.

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 14:36.
  9. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Kin Nell…

Comment posted on 10/04/2012 at 20:00.