More Evidence That Tomorrow's Game Is God Of War

GOW.SWF.

We’ve already stated that unless Sony are pulling off one hell of a troll, tomorrow’s thing is likely to God Of War related. That was evidence collected from the folder names of some of the images Sony were using for their initial Facebook tease.

Tonight though, PSNStores.com‘s European writer V_Ben picked up that one of the Flash files Sony are using is even more telling – ps_gow-teaser_12371_hp.swf.

So, yeah, tomorrow. Unless, like I said, it’s one cruel little trick, expect Kratos to be all over your screens. If it’s not him and God Of War, well, who knows…

1. Deathbrin

PS GOW = PlayStation Gears of War.

I’ll get my coat.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 20:32.
    • Foxhound_Solid
      Is a smart cookie.

Hahahaha….taxi for one lol.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 20:51.
    • pvwradtke

Crap, you got that first! :) That was my initial reaction to what gow could mean besides the obvious God of War acronym.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:06.
  2. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I would be surprised if Sony went “it’s not actually GOW guys, just Kratos is now f*** p*** off so therefore, we’ve decided to release God of fluffly bunnies” :P

It had better not be another Kratos game as he’s getting a bit boring now. Plus, he has killed every god. Doubt that humans would pose much of a challenge for him and thus result in a boring game. Hope it moves onto a different protaginst in a different period but not a Kratos clone as 1 very p*ssed off Spartan is more then enough for a franchise.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 20:37.
    • Mickey2010
      Since: Jan 2010

My thoughts exactly i think they have done all they can with Kratos he has defeated everyone! But come on God Of War would not be God Of War if it never had Kratos!.Unless they made Kratos the enemy and created someone new

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 21:03.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

God of war is all Kratos, there is no other God of war, it would mean re branding the name if they going explore other mythology. Kratos aint killed all the Gods yet.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 21:50.
      • colmshan1990
        Since: Apr 2009

You sure there is no other God of War? :P

That said, it sounds like a Kratos God of War game to me. I’m hoping it’s on Vita, wouldn’t mind it on PS3, but it’d be a must-buy/system seller on Vita.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:19.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

I think you will enjoy tomorrows PlayBack feature :)

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:52.
  3. Sympozium

Huh, interesting.

While I find the gameplay of all titles to be a bit too sameish I hope they add some interesting stuff to change the pace of the game a bit.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 20:40.
  4. Burgess_101

I got bored of the 3rd one quickly but if this is a Vita title im sold!

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 21:01.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

I Don’t know what to say to you bored of the 3rd one seriously?

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 21:41.
      • Burgess_101

I got tired of the gameplay quickly by then I had imported the HD collection and it had just worn quite thin on me.

2000 TSA points woo!

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 21:53.
      • Mickey2010
        Since: Jan 2010

I found the third one a tad repetitive!

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:00.
  5. NOSAJ19
    Since: Sep 2009

A lightbulb just went off before as to what I believe this reveal will be!…I believe it will be a God of War game, but not God of War IV, but instead an all-new PlayStation Vita game, as the original file name for the image ended in gowa. If you look back to the two God of War games on the PSP, they did not have numbers in their titles, but sub-titles. I believe that a at the end of gowa means that it will be God Of War: with a sub-title beginning with the letter a for the PlayStation Vita!

What does everyone else think? And if this is a God of War game for the PlayStation Vita, will it make you purchase a PS Vita, if you haven’t already?

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 21:06.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

I too think it’s for the Vita, but don’t read too much into the A.
      It could mean anything, from image A of A,B,C,D… etc. to simply ‘God of War Announcement.’

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:47.
    • the bottler
      Since: Feb 2011

Excellent detective work. I too think it will be for vita. Ps4 is too close to make a PS3 version, and it is too early to announce a PS4 game (what with the machine itself not even revealed yet).

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:50.
      • colmshan1990
        Since: Apr 2009

PS4 too close for a PS3 game?
        God of War II came out on PS2 after the PS3 came out, so I wouldn’t say that….

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 23:23.
    • skibadee
      Since: Oct 2009

it is for PS3 stig has been working on it for ages way before we heard of the Vita.

Comment posted on 19/04/2012 at 00:05.
  6. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

hope its God of War IV: 300

Kratos in his sparta days against the persians etc

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 21:44.
    • PoorPaddy89

He fought the persians in Chains of Olympus, so its highly unliky they’d do that again.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 23:44.
  7. TheDemocrodile

im a heretic and preferred Dantes Inferno :P mostly because i never played a GOW game until Chains of Olympus and to be honest, both games felt the same, i also preffered (with the exception of the tacked on *challenge* thing) the imagery of DI.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:09.
  8. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Vita title please. One where we play as Kratos’ brother. You’d think they would save a new ps3 title for something like E3. But what interests me almost more is who the developer is, all signs point at Santa Monica as Ready at Dawn turned down the offer to make another one.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:31.
  9. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

Everyone’s right. GoW hasn’t changed since it began, but i love it. It needs something new, but Kratos IS THE God of War (don’t…). If they were changing the main character, don’t use the same brand name (I’m looking at you, Bourne Legacy).

All that said I would love a new Vita GoW game, but I’m not sure anyone could outdo GoS and the prequel stuff’s a bit tired now. Pfft, i dunno, difficult decision for SSM but they’re probably 3/4s of the way through whatever it is already

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 22:40.
  10. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 19/04/2012 at 00:07.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

*goes to facepalm and then decides it’s not worth it*.

Can you please stop being a fanboy? We get it, you love the Playstation. I’m getting fed up with reading the same comment on every PS3 related story. And i’m sure i’m not the only one.

I doubt that revenge of the PS4 would sell well as it sounds a bit boring. Does someone betrays it and thus it becoming another Kratos?

Comment posted on 19/04/2012 at 10:51.
    • Sympozium

Revenge of Sega!

*thunder*

Comment posted on 19/04/2012 at 11:09.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

Don’t you mean, revenge of SAAAAYYYYGAHHHHH? :p

Have a feeling that a very annoyed Sonic would be funny as hell. Or a drunk one. Or both. Ooo, Revenge of the marine that has a full set of hair.

Comment posted on 19/04/2012 at 11:13.
      • Sympozium

Revenge of Knuckles.

Comment posted on 19/04/2012 at 14:48.