Assassin's Creed 3 Vita Version Rumoured

Another one for the portable.

Are forum posts a legitimate news source? Sure, and this one points to several things happening over at Ubisoft, albeit in Italian.

The big one? The PS Vita will apparently play host to a port of upcoming adventure-em-up Assassin’s Creed 3. An Assassin’s game was always locked for Vita, of course, but most assumed it would be a side story, not a mainline release.

Either that, or some cruel twist of words – surely this isn’t a Remote Play thing?

The post also leaks lots of information on the Wii U: it supports Direct X 11, is already running Unreal Engine 4 and has 2GB of RAM. Is any of it true? We’ll find out in two weeks.

Via NowGamer.

1. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

An Assassin’s creed port would be nice, but why the hell would anyone with a choice play it on Vita? It’s just not suited to the platform like Golden Abyss and others.
    Also, 2GB ram for Wii U? No, let’s remember that the extra 256mb of ram in the 360 cost Microsoft another billion (?).

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:27.
    • Kivi95
      Since: Oct 2009

To play it on the go?

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:29.
      • bmg_123
        Since: Feb 2012

But like I said, I don’t really think it’s an experience suited to playing on the go, plus you’ve got to buy it twice. But then again, others, such as yourself, might think differently.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:39.
      • flatspikes

Works for me, PS3 sold as not entirely compatible with a baby, the Vita however means I can play (some) big games in bite size chunks at work and in the hour or two he is ‘inactive’ :-)

I agree it is not ideal but there is a place (or numerous places) for big games on the go.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 21:27.
      • shields_t
        Since: Oct 2008

Yep, I’m with Flatspikes and for the same reason I’d lap it up (though I haven’t sold either of my PS3s!).

Comment posted on 23/05/2012 at 13:40.
    • nemesisND1derboy
      Since: Apr 2010

That was 7 years ago. RAM is infinitely cheaper now than back then. 2GB of RAM for next gen consoles is to be expected. Well, it’s almost a requirement really.

I really liked Golden Abyss, and playing a proper Uncharted game on the bus was brilliant. If Assassin’s Creed III did come to Vita too and featured cross-play with the multiplayer and cloud saves that could be transferred, how would that not be brilliant?

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:30.
      • bmg_123
        Since: Feb 2012

I don’t think RAM is “infinitely cheaper”, since new types of RAM have come along, and those types are the necessary types to be both quick enough and reliable enough to handle something like Unreal engine 4. I could be completely wrong though…

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:42.
      • Ossy
        Since: Jan 2009

8gb RAM for my PC was £35 + Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft wouldn’t pay consumer prices. I’d be disappointed if the new consoles didn’t have 4gb RAM as a bare minimum.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 19:28.
    • mrfodder

2GB on Amazon is now £10. I would consider 2GB a bit weak, but everything that has been said about Wii U would be in line with that.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:52.
      • Kennykazey
        Since: Mar 2010

Yes, it’s not all that impressive is it? I expect more from the NextBox and FutureStation. 4-6GB would be nice.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:21.
    • AG2297
      Community Manager

Dont forget, the $25 Rasberry PI computer has 256Mb of RAM which gives an idea of how cheap it can be these days.

The next gen consoles are very likely to be 2GB as exceeding that brings technical problems that could be costly to get around rather than the RAM itself being too expensive. Great article about it here if you scroll down past the CPU section. http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/digitalfoundry-assessing-playstation-orbis-rumours

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:27.
      • bmg_123
        Since: Feb 2012

Haha, ok, so I’m clearly just living in the past. I remember when a 1GB PSP card cost £70 at the launch day…oh, memories.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:39.
      • Kennykazey
        Since: Mar 2010

Good point. I just don’t want the consoles to suffer from a lack of memory though, like they’re starting to do now. It so quickly turn to be a limiting factor. But 2GB coupled with a fair bit of additional VRAM could do wonders.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:44.
    • GhostViper

I loved Golden Abyss. It played just as great as an Uncharted game on the ps3.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 19:19.
    • bmg_123
      Since: Feb 2012

CORRECTION: I loved Golden Abyss too, I simply meant it was suited to the Vita, unlike what this could potentially be.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 20:05.
    • Sympo

“It’s just not suited to the platform like Golden Abyss and others.”

It is.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 21:55.
  2. Kivi95
    Since: Oct 2009

Hmm I would rather like to have sidestory Assassins Creed game.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:29.
    • Kennykazey
      Since: Mar 2010

I agree, sidestory or a new story altogether sounds like a better idea.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:37.
      • togusa
        Since: Apr 2012

Definetely. Making a direct port doesn’t make sense. This is a game I wanna play on my big TV.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 20:13.
  3. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

I was thinking about this the other day.

Wouldn’t hurt to have this on Vita :)

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:33.
  4. nemesisND1derboy
    Since: Apr 2010

Awesome news if true, would love to see cross platform play with the multiplayer and transferable cloud saves.

The Wii U rumours are interesting. I’d imagine that 2GB would be a must in next gen consoles, although whether Nintendo goes with that or not, I don’t know. The DX 11 stuff is the most far fetched of the lot. I can’t see it running DirectX at all, really.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:33.
  5. lotrek
    Since: Feb 2012

Hopefully its more on the lines of send your recruited assassins onto missions and then you can play those said missions on the Vita.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 17:51.
    • JoshHood
      Small briefcase w*nker

Love that idea!

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:13.
    • MICKY17

Ooh that’s a brilliant idea. Also could be potential for some Vita co-op play too, but that may be pushin it a bit.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:38.
  6. JoshHood
    Small briefcase w*nker

I’d definitely prefer to see a side-story game that hooks into the main one, rather than just a port. Some games are perfect for ports with transferable saves – I don’t think AC is one of those.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:10.
  7. MICKY17

Please be true. Wouldn’t mind if it’s a port or an entirely new side story but love the idea of playing AC while out and about.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:37.
  8. Nate
    Since: Apr 2010

As others have said, I would rather an entirely new game than a port of AC3. I’m guaranteed to get AC3 anyway, and it isn’t the sort of game that would be better played on a handheld over the console. I’d rather a supplementary game with the same love of the source as Golden Abyss was to Uncharted.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 18:49.
  9. Skaty
    Since: May 2012

here is the official announcement for AC

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 20:12.
  10. iBirch

Would love AC3 for Vita.

Comment posted on 22/05/2012 at 21:47.