Looks Like The Witcher Might Come to Consoles Soon

Rise of the retailer leak.

CD Projekt is having a summer conference tomorrow but it seems that one of their announcements might have been leaked but trigger-happy retailers. Two separate Danish retailers have listed The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf on consoles in recent days. Cool Shop listed it on the PS3 but now Blockbuster has it listed for both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Rise of the White Wolf was the first game in the series, originally only available on PC. It seems that CD Projekt might have recognised the earning potential in consoles after the success of The Witcher 2: Assassin’s of Kings had a successful appearance on the Xbox 360.

Source: Gamer’s Globe via VG247

1. KeRaSh

Cool! I played the first game on Steam in anticipation of the second one and it was great.

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 12:02.
  2. Omac_brother
    Since: Nov 2011

Not played either of them but I have looked longingly over the fence at the 360 camp and fancied a go of Witcher 2.

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 12:17.
  3. IAmJacksMedullaOblongata
    Since: Nov 2011

I reckon we’ll hear Witcher 1 coming to both consoles, and Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings finally getting the oft-rumoured PS3 treatment.

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 12:24.
  4. Nickboss1
    Since: Mar 2010

cool beans man!

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 12:50.
  5. ohmikkie
    Since: Nov 2011

Geat news. Currently on me second play-through of Witcher 2. Just got the first on Steam and played a bit of it. Think I’ll wait for the console release now.

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 13:06.
  6. ProjectJAY

And I just bought Witcher 2 for the 360. *sigh* Hopefully this is true, though, I have the original Witcher but on my PC it runs like a fat kid up to his thighs in custard.

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 14:08.
    • hazelam

you paint such a pretty picture. ^_^

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 14:30.
  7. hazelam

i hope it does, i only tried the demo of the original and it ran like shite on my pc, so i wasn’t gonna buy it.

but that wouldn’t be a problem with a console version.

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 14:29.
  8. MayContainEvil
    Since: Feb 2011

Sweet, I have the first on steam but have been holding off playing it in the hopes it would get released on PS3.

Also, you might want to check over that last sentence.

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 15:23.
  9. Uhyve
    Since: Sep 2008

I actually finally finished The Witcher 2 today, after buying it day one on PC. Best game I’ve played all year, just wish there was more.

I already have the original on Steam but I can never get passed the first area, not due to difficulty, I just get bored really quickly. Maybe the console version will have improvements and I’ll manage to complete it. Hell, I’m a complete graphics whore, maybe they’ll make it prettier.

Ooh, if they’re having a conference tomorrow, could they be announcing The Witcher 3 or their rumoured scifi game?

Fake edit: Just googled this, seems to actually be just a retailer mistake, though they’ve said that they will be announcing their “second triple-A RPG” tomorrow. Yay.

Comment posted on 29/05/2012 at 17:20.