Far Cry 3 Delayed

"Insane".

Ubisoft have confirmed that Far Cry 3, the best looking shooter seen at E3 this year, has been delayed until the last month of the year, putting it squarely against the (literally) big guns.

The game will now be released on November 29 in Europe and a week later, on December 4, in the United States, giving Europe a seldom seen head start.

“We’re taking more time to create the best possible gameplay experience,” said Dan Hay, producer at Ubisoft in a press release today.

“Far Cry 3 is a huge offering and we want every element of this insane, action-packed adventure to be of the highest possible quality for the players.”

1. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Oh…thank the heavens it’s not coming in 2013, this year is thin enough as it is…

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 13:10.
  2. LTG Davey
    andUandU

Shame, it’s been pushed into a month where there is no chance of me getting it. Resident Evil 6 the month before, the Wii-U (probably) coming out that month, plus I’ll have entered parenthood by then. Silly Ubisoft.

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 13:17.
  3. Izorpo
    Since: Jun 2012

disappointment again what will I play in Sept.? hmm well I guess I can now justify getting the insane edition by calling it an xmas present to myself

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 13:19.
  4. TSBonyman

It looks amazing so i’m happy to wait while they get everything right.

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 13:26.
  5. MICKY17

Noooooooo. Was so looking forward to this but not sure I’ll be able to afford it that close to Xmas. Damn you Ubisoft!!

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 13:52.
  6. fs
    Since: May 2012

The second Far Cry was the bane of my life, but if this is much, much bettr I might possibly give it a go.

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 13:53.
    • Forrest_01

If you could get past the respawning checkpoints, FC2 was actually a pretty good game – I actually wish i had spent a bit more time on the multiplayer now, as i think that was pretty much all i had left to do! Wasn’t into multiplayer at the time though, so it just got traded.

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 14:06.
      • Kevatron400
        Drake, baby.

I found the multiplayer was buggy as hell in FC2 – it would never remember XP that I’d earned in missions – dead frustrating.

Comment posted on 27/06/2012 at 09:15.
      • Forrest_01

Ouch – Yeah, i could see why that would cause a small amount of annoyance! ;)

I only tried it a couple of times with a friend & it seemed ok, but i can’t say i had noticed anything going on with my xp tbh.

Comment posted on 27/06/2012 at 09:33.
  7. FigmentedReality
    Since: Jun 2012

The release date seems so FAR away now, I feel like I’m going to CRY…

heh heh sorry

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 13:56.
  8. Forrest_01

So just to clarify, the 29th Nov is in fact a Thursday – So is it a day early release for the UK, or will it actually be out on the 30th?

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 14:07.
  9. jamess109
    Since: Apr 2009

Better support DirectX 11… for PC! Every single game i wanted to play this year has been delayed for some reason or another. Tomb Raider (2013), Aliens Colonel Marines (2013), Assassin’s Creed PC (+1 month), GTA V (awaiting a 2013 no doubt for pc), FarCry 3, Prototype 2 (PC) How many fooking more?????

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 14:09.
  10. An-dz
    Since: Oct 2010

I hope it doesnt have the AI that knows where you are no matter how far away or well hidden you think you are…

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 14:24.
    • Forrest_01

Oh yeah, there was that from FC2 as well. Saying that though, it wasn’t always the case, as when i got tired of the ‘sneak attack’ plan, i switched it up to ‘go in all guns blazing’ & i could sometimes pretty much walk up to a guy head on & he often wouldn’t even see me.

Must have been because i was crouching, so he was looking over my head or something. :)

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 15:19.